Author Topic: Getting a second opinion from House???  (Read 4842 times)

Jackie

Getting a second opinion from House???
« on: February 22, 2007, 12:18:01 pm »
Being a Newbie, I need to know the steps to take to get an opinion form the House clinic?? I have my first MRI and written diagnosis, then what?? Do I send it blindly?? Do I call?? Please help me with the proper procedure!!! Thank-you, I am finding this ANA forum a great source of knowledge and, hope and comfort! I am in the wait and see mode, but realize I must be prepared to make decisions on the next step. Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Shrnwldr

Re: Getting a second opinion from House???
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 01:43:29 pm »
From what I understand you can send your films (probably would be better if it was a CD) with any written reports via United Post Office or FedEx or UPS.  Just make sure you have them confirmed.  You can go onto their website and most likely get better information regarding mailing them to House.  Also make sure you include your phone number as I know they will call you back immediately to discuss your films with you.

House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles, CA
2cm x1cm, right side
Surgery: Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jerald V. Robinson, Dr. William Hitselberger, Dr. Michael Stefan.
Hopsital: St Vincent's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Date of Surgery: May 18, 2007

jtd71465

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 02:16:08 pm »
I only consulted with House (Brackmann), I had my surgery at NYU (Dr. JT Roland).  I called House first then sent my MRI to Brackmanna attention.  I'm sure if you just sent to MRI with a short letter and a phone number to be contacted at one of the Dr.'s will call you back.....from what I have read on other posts they are top notch...
Right side AN removed 1/10/07 @ NYU Medical Center
Dr's Roland and Golfinos

bugman

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 04:22:44 pm »
I just sent my cd and MRI report to House and they called me back as soon as they received them. By all means hit their website. You can call and they will give you all the infor you need.
I did have to wait a week for the discussion as I don't have a cell phone and I missed the first call.  feel free to email me for any additional info

Desilu

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 05:10:25 pm »
Hi Jackie,

Yes, If you send your films or CD out to House Ear Clinic they will call you with their opinion when it is received. If you would like to request a certain doctor then you need to address it to his attention. I used Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Hitselberger because a friend of mine said they were very good and she was right! I would be more than happy to talk to you, just send me an personal email. Because your tumor is small, they will probably use the Middle Fossa approach like they did for me. I wish you the best!  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 06:07:02 pm »

I called them (remember these are WEST coast times)
http://www.houseearclinic.com/losangeles.htm
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital