Author Topic: Hi there, another newbie here.  (Read 4330 times)

cin605

Re: Hi there, another newbie here.
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 07:08:41 pm »
Hi Andrea=Welcome.I am fairly new here too.Thank God for this site though.I am 42.
I was also mis diagnosed for 10 years.First it was inner ear infections then it was meniers.i even had an audiology testdone that was abnormal but everything except an MRI.
I am on the road to recovery now but at least w/ all the friends here i know i am far from alone. :)
all the best ,cindy
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 08:49:10 pm »
Another TX welcome to you, Andrea,

There are so many people who can help you here.  I myself have to admire your tastes...champagne and chocolate!You have every right to get angry, and then you can figure out what to do next.  I was diagnosed with an AN in Aug., but the House clinic said it was a meningioma.  I'm going to get one more opinion and then I'm going to boot this hitchhiker out of my head.  Keep us posted on how you are doing.  I haven't seen anyone ask about something that someone hasn't been able to address.  Good luck!

Maggie
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 06:02:44 am »
Hi Andrea,
What a nightmare to go through with the misdiagnosis.  The more I hear of these stories the more common they become. I was misdiagnosed for 2 years and needless to say I have changed primary care doctors because I need one that can take my complaints seriously.  This site is part of my daily life now, reading stories, gathering more information, I can't imagine what I would have done without it. I am sorry you had to join but be thankful this group is here for support.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

andrea in slc

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 06:36:03 am »
Wow, thanks for all the welcomes! This place is awesome! Just from reading and looking around, I have like 3 pages of questions to ask the doc next week, so thank you all so much.

I think I can work this AN thing for quite a bit of chocolate from my dear husband, LOL. Godiva extra-dark chocolate truffles come to mind. Just kidding! He keeps my supplied with those anyway.

I'm sorry we all had to "meet" this way, with this "thing," but I am very glad to meet all of you. Trust me, I'll be posting and asking a lot, I'm sure.

Off to the zoo today with my kindergartener and her class, the bus ride should be interesting  :o and I"m bringing my walking stick "just in case." Hope everyone has a great day!

lori67

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 06:48:34 am »
Andrea -

I've been to the zoo with a bus load of 5 year olds - the "walking stick" might come in handy for more than walking!   ;)

Just kidding!  Definitely work the AN for all the chocolate it's worth!  And be sure to share it with your new forum family!

Have fun today and enjoy yourself!!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

cindyj

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 06:50:12 am »
I'm late w/ this, but Hi and Welcome! 

Chocolate is my favorite way to resolve problems! 

Glad you found us - we'll be watching for your questions, concerns and updates!

Enjoy your day at the zoo! 

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

fbarbera

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 08:28:09 am »
Hi Andrea, Glad you are on your way to recovery.  In case you are interested in learning more about radiotherapy as an alternative, I have described my own process deciding on a treatment for my 2.6 cm AN -- and also my experience post-treatment -- in the website below (in my signature line).  Sounds like you've made great progress with your research.  Please check in here often and keep us posted on your progress.  Regards, Francesco

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 08:52:33 am »
Great site FB. VERY well written and extremely helpful for newly diagnosed. I chose surgery and have no regrets, I needed it out! I am suffering some residual effects but am confident all will be well. I feel it is important to arm yourself with information and make the right decsion for you.
Take care.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.