Author Topic: I'm almost afraid to say this...but...  (Read 5921 times)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: I'm almost afraid to say this...but...
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 04:41:05 pm »
less pain - fantastic news marci

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

sher

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 12:56:53 am »
Woooooooo Whooooooo Marci!!!!!!!
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

Tamara

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2009, 06:54:20 am »
That's terrific, Marci!  I bet you'll be off the eyedrops in the near future too.  While I have a great deal of movement back (probably 75% or so) and no more eye issues, I continue to get the weird twitches too.  I've also developed strange dimples that come and go as my face comes back.  I've currently got one in my chin at times.  My doc said that I can expect a lot of improvement from 6 months to over a year.  It's an adventure, eh?

Continued healing to you -
Tam
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

cindyj

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 08:31:23 am »
VERY late to this thread, but what great news, Marci!  So glad for you and glad you shared it with everyone - does give others much hope, I'm sure.

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 11:41:42 pm »
good any little progress is a bi deal when you live with it all the time.Some of mine have happened at 4 months, 7 months, and 13 months . the 12 month check up was kinda fatalistic ( well this is the way your stuck now) BUT others have seen changes since then.

one of the neat things is OTHERS tell me. i cant see them. they can. and a support group here in Houston has helped that too as i am the "new surgery" on the block at 14 months now.

get some ANA er's around you. and you betcha CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

vjgfamily

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 12:47:37 pm »
In my case, I think I continued to improve (albeit, slowly) for 5 or 6 years after my surgery.  Since then, I believe the improvements have been due to "getting used to it".  Honestly, even though I still have deafness, ringing, and balance issues, there are weeks (even months) go by and I don't even notice it.  The body and its adaptation to the environment is an amazing thing.

If someone had told me 20 years ago that I would be around to walk my daughter down the aisle, I would have called them a liar.  Last Saturday, it happened, and it completed me.

Wedding/reception bill yet to come...I may need another hospital visit. :D
AN Surgery in 1988 by Jack L. Pulec in LA.  Loss of hearing in right ear.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 01:35:39 pm »
Verl ~

Congratulations on your daughter's marriage!  :)  Condolences for your depleted finances.   :'(

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

calimama

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2009, 11:02:19 am »
also late to this party... great to find good news and happy posties...

I am about a month behind you (June surgery) Marci, but also started really noticing improvement around the 7 month mark.

I didn't know that improvement worked it's way up, but this makes sense to me and is encouraging.  The first signs of life on my left side came a bit earlier...i forget... maybe 5ish months... and it was VERY subtle in my lower jaw. I can say that the improvement is slow, but picking up steam and noticable on even a weekly basis. And though my eye still won't close or blink... i can see more teeth  ;D, wrinkles   ;), and movement  :'(.  Even annimation coming back to my eye area (slight movement - up - of my lower lid when i smile, and mini crows feet - bless those wrinkles!). Based on the "bottom-up" theory, I can only hope that the blink and eye closing can't be too far off!

I am now 8+ months and though i still have a long way to go, i feel like I have crested the top of a big mountain and am now cruising down the other side, at a nice pace, the wind in my hair and sun beaming down warmly on me.

Life is good...

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2009, 05:02:44 pm »
Yes Trish, life IS good!   :D
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.