Author Topic: Numb face  (Read 2653 times)

mrgarlic

Numb face
« on: October 08, 2008, 05:47:22 pm »
I had a AN removed in 2004.  I didn't regain all of my face, but I never had any numbness. Now I am having surgery for a Trigeminal Neuroma and am told I could possibly have some numbing. Does that mean just no feeling or is it no control. ?????? Larry
I am not the person I used to be,
 I am becoming the pereson I am.

AN surgery 2004- Trigeminal Neuroma  surgery scheduled    Nov 2oth 2008

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: Numb face
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 06:14:19 pm »
Hi,
Wow, so sorry to hear of any regrowth.  Mine was also a TN and I have numbness on the right side of my face, along with tingling, pins and needles, etc.  Outwardly, I look fine, so no facial paralysis.  Inwardly, I'm patiently  ;) waiting for the side-effects to subside.  The doctors think the feeling will come back (the nerve was stretched but not cut) but it could take up to a year.  Other than that, I'm doing pretty well.  I am sending my best wishes to you and again, I'm sorry it's back, that really sucks.
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

sgerrard

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 12:13:59 am »
Hi Larry,

Is that regrowth, or a new neuroma? Either way, not the best news, but I hope for the best for you.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

mrgarlic

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 09:31:03 am »
Greetings Sgerrard, I have two seperate tumors. One is what is left of my Acoustic neuroma from surgery in 2004 and the second one is a Trigeminal Neuroma which is new. The AN left me with very little damage. Just an awkward kind of smile and a weak eye lid. They put in a gold weight and all is well. My big fear is   ,,," what does "numb" mean. ,,,,,,,,,Just numb,,,,,or can't move or control,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for asking,,,,,,,,,,,,,Larry
I am not the person I used to be,
 I am becoming the pereson I am.

AN surgery 2004- Trigeminal Neuroma  surgery scheduled    Nov 2oth 2008