Author Topic: MRI reading  (Read 1070 times)

Kate B

• AN World
MRI reading
« on: May 14, 2009, 07:10:48 pm »
There seems to be many new posters lately.  As you begin your research take advantage of the fact that House Ear Institute (highly regarded facillity) will read your MRI's for free.

The doctor will spend as much time as you want answering your questions with a follow up phone call.

From the House Ear Clinic Website:
House Ear Clinic CONSULTATIONS

If you, a family member, or someone you know has been diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma, you may consult with a doctor from the House Ear Clinic team. We will be happy to review the MRI scans and audiogram and speak with you by telephone (we must have a copy of the actual MRI film, reports are not sufficient by themselves).

Send the MRI scans by express delivery (be sure that you are able to track the package) to:

House Ear Clinic
Attn: Acoustic Neuroma Website Consultations
2100 W. Third Street, 1st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90057

You can expect to hear from a House Ear Clinic physician within 24 hours of our receipt of your information. You may also call or fax a House Ear Clinic physician at:

Telephone: (213) 483-9930
FAX: (213) 484-5900
All the best to you,
Kate

Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: MRI reading
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 04:44:30 am »
Kate,

Thanks for posting this information.  I wish I had done more research, known about this forum and known about House prior to my surgery!  I think we all need as many options as there are available.  I've heard from many that they do a great service to all who contact them.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

suboo73

Re: MRI reading
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 05:00:09 am »
Hi Katie,

As a related theme, i recently had some questions about my AN and taking progesterone.
And i wanted another opinion on this issue. So I e-mailed Dr. Friedman on a Sunday afternoon/evening, and he called me the next morning to try to answer my question!
Given that i live on the East coast, and it was about 9:00AM, i figured it was about 6:00AM in CA!   ::)

It sure was nice to speak to Dr. F so quickly.  There is enough waiting in this whole journey and i appreciated his rapid response.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W