Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 11868 times)

cindyj

Re: Newbie
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 09:05:15 am »
Brian!  Thinking of you as you get ready for Thursday...let us know how things go, ok?

If you're really feeling great, would love to see you at the Support Group meeting this Saturday - you'd be an inspiration!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 10:02:43 am »
Good luck on Thursday, Brian!  We'll all be waiting anxiously to hear how it went.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

kford

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 09:54:55 pm »
Sorry to hear about your new Dx of AN. I chose GK instead of surgery for a 3cm size AN because I did not want the possibility of losing left facial function. I ended up losing some function any way. I never experienced numbness of the left side of my face. Sometimes we become paralysed with fear in regards to things we can't control. My only suggestion right now that I can offer you is to do the homework to get as knowledgable as possible and ask alot of questions. In the end, you make the decision that you are comfortable with and don't second guess yourself.
Gamma knife procedure 1/25/08 for a 3cm AN. Left facial weakness after contacting Ramsey/Hunt Syndrome. (They say) No hearing in left ear.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 06:43:14 am »
Good luck, Brian.

I'm confident things will go well tomorrow.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lifeofbrian

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 12:36:31 pm »
Hello to everyone out there.  I am writing :)   I have survived the GK procedure with no complications.  The GK team at Saint Joseph's in Atlanta were superb.  I am so greatful for everyone's input and to the medical team of Dr. Steuer, Dr. Possert, Dr. Carter and Rebecca ( Nurse and coordinator ).
Only time will tell if I have made the right choice.  God only knows!  I still feel a great deal of relief !  It is difficult to sit down with your spouse and children not knowing the future.  It is a routine procedure, but not so routine, if you know what I mean.  I will keep you posted on my recovery.

Brian

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 01:00:09 pm »
Congratulations...than we'll see you at tomorrows ATL area group meeting! Probably not? Great to hear you're doing well and don't worry, it actually gets much easier over time. I had CK last month at Kennestone in Marietta. That after Translab Surgery in July 09 to debulk a monster AN...not a fun ride, but I'm in the saddle doing fine and you'll be fine too...always happy thoughts as Nancy would say!

Stay positive and keep the family close...the support is a must.

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

rupert

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 01:29:42 pm »

Congratulations on your successful procedure,    I just had my GK on Wednesday so I know what you mean by "routine procedure".

It is sense of relief.  You will be fine.  Good luck in your future MRI's.     Bryan

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 01:33:23 pm »
Brian (and also to Bryan).

congrats on becoming a "toastie postie" (radiated post-treatment). Well done! I know St Joe's in ATL is a terrific hospital (have passed through the ER there a few times... my nephews and niece were also born there) and know that you were in good hands.

Relax... be well.. and updates from fam on Northside of town... pls be careful out there. Following the weather updates from ATL.  Boston is sunny and nice today! :)

Congrats for completing GK (to both B's)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 02:32:43 pm »
Hey, Brian!

Congratulations on a successful GK procedure!  It's obvious that you're relieved to have this behind you - and we can all understand that.  May you now enjoy a tumor-free life!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.