Author Topic: Can't watch and wait any more  (Read 1769 times)

grammyslim

Can't watch and wait any more
« on: March 21, 2012, 11:33:15 am »
I was diagnosed in Jan 2012 - however my AN seems to be growing quickly - 1.4 cm but brain MRI 3 yrs ago for another issued showed a very small AN (I wasn't even told I had one) - so it seems to me that it grew quickly - I have nearly total hearing loss in right ear and completed balance testing yesterday - showing that I have very little balance on my right side and the left side picked up the task nicely.  ( I didn't even know I had a BIG problem) - they even did the ice water test because the computer didn't pick up any response on the right side.  Dr. seems to think I would have a short recovery time since my body has already compensated for the loss on the right side. 
WHile the decision is not hurried - I will have to decide sooner than later.  I am waiting to see both a radiation and neuro surgeon and get their opinion. 
Any idea how often radiation patients have to go back and get surgery or another treatment?
Interested in hearing from TX people about Houston options and maybe Baltimore MD treatment also.
Has anyone done their surgery or radiation at Baylor? 
Does hearing aid help with the back ground noise issues?
Thanks
1.4 cm diagnosed 01/12
significant hearing loss rt side
total balance loss rt side - AN side -
left side already compensated (who knew)
Radiation completed May 2012 - all systems are GO -- so happy I chose radiation near home.