Author Topic: let's run! or walk! or something....  (Read 421486 times)

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: let's run! or walk! or something....
« Reply #1215 on: February 16, 2012, 09:33:47 pm »
Ya know, I have seen this thread updated many times (1218 of them to be precise) and I can't believe I have yet to make an input to anything being said here. So for #1219 I'll just chime in about the colonoscopy. I'm 47 and in 3 years I get to enjoy that little ritual.  Years ago I had a sigmoidoscopy done, which is a junior version of colonscopy. I wasn't knocked out for it and I tell you what...I wish I was...it was VERY uncomfortable!  But yes, colon cancer is nothing to mess around with...and I'll be very faithful in getting screen regularly! 
#1219....Jay :)
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #1216 on: February 16, 2012, 10:07:00 pm »
Prep is by far the worst part of the procedure, and it's a walk in the park compared to the flu. Just do it.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #1217 on: February 18, 2012, 10:11:51 am »
I'm in W&W watch & wait and now in WW weight watchers. 
Just thought I'd throw that out as a little humor.   ;)

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

Keri

« Reply #1218 on: February 18, 2012, 12:38:02 pm »
Welcome, Karen!

Yay, Jan for getting back into your routine. I knew you would. I've heard good things about those socks, too, for PF.

Cindy, when's the half marathon? I'm wondering if it already was... I've been absent a while.

I've been really getting into trail running. Love it way more than pounding the pavement. It's slower but people aren't all worried about times either  - more laid back. It even makes you want to do hills! (well, sometimes).

I'm glad you all are still with it and we have some new people too!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

cindyj

« Reply #1219 on: February 20, 2012, 03:31:05 pm »
Hey, Keri!  Thanks - it was last weekend...was awesome, but SO, SO cold!  We never shed a bit of our clothing, but was beautiful on the beach 8)  We were even slower this year, but had such a great time.  It's a fabulous breast cancer event - tons of pink silliness and inspiring people.  We said again last year that this was our last one, but we're already talking about booking our hotel for next year!  We may come to a slow crawl by next year, but it is just too much fun to not go!  The trail running does sound interesting - are the trails pretty clear or are you jumping over roots and rocks? 

How's everyone else doing?  Getting up off the couches?  Come on, let's go ;D

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #1220 on: February 21, 2012, 09:34:19 am »
Prep is by far the worst part of the procedure, and it's a walk in the park compared to the flu. Just do it.

Saralynn, you are SO right.  The prep was the worst!!!  Can't believe I forgot about that LOL

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cindyj

« Reply #1221 on: March 05, 2012, 01:42:35 pm »
Hello out there!  Everybody doing ok?  Keeping active?

I was given a two month free membership to Bodyplex and went to several group classes last week - first time doing that sort of thing in several years...felt good and sore all week ;D  Hope to go several days again this week, too...

Spring has sprung (well, sort of), so get outside and "walk or run or something" as Keri suggested to us some 82 pages back :o

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #1222 on: March 05, 2012, 01:45:45 pm »
Hey Cindy - thanks for waking up the thread. I'm glad you are enjoying your trial Bodyplex membership. I had a nice invigorating session on the Precor AMT this morning plus a quick lower body workout at the Y. How is everyone else?
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #1223 on: March 05, 2012, 02:28:37 pm »
Did a waaaaaaay too short workout this afternoon ..... treadmill and upper and lower nautilus machines.  Really struggling with motivation to do something so unrewarding for me.  I do feel better on the long haul.  It's the short haul where I get bogged down.

I do listen to Podcasts while exercising and that helps .....

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Ned

« Reply #1224 on: March 05, 2012, 03:55:42 pm »
Regarding colonoscopy I had one several years ago and they removed 3 small polyps and said to be sure to have another 5 years.  Three years after the procedure I received a certified letter from my doctor asking me why I hadn't been back for treatment of the cancer they found.  I called and they apologized, their mistake.
2003   1.5cmX1,6cmx1.3cm
FSR Sara Cannon Cancer Center  Nashville
2006  1.1 cmX1.2cmX .9cm

chloes mema

« Reply #1225 on: March 05, 2012, 05:54:16 pm »
Went to cardiologist today (6 mth f/u); first thing he said when he walked in the room was why didn't you have the lipid panel (cholesterol) done, why did you have iron count done during your bloodwork?
Uh, because that's what the script said?????  Like it was my decision.  Needless to say, I have to go back & get more blood drawn blah, blah, blah.  Actually, I thought it rather comical other than the cost of the whole thing since my insurance probably isn't going to pay for the iron count work which was fine. 
Got to have some humor in every day.   ;D

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

Keri

« Reply #1226 on: March 16, 2012, 08:00:31 pm »
Hello,
I haven't been around in a while. I care about the people on the AN forum (and miss you all) and care about you exercising people on our thread. I get encouraged reading what you all try and sometimes quit and then come back to and try again. I go through that too, at times.

Life has been crazy since.. well, after I had my AN. The following year it was depression with my teenage daughter, then some other issues, then the following year it my mom died and now I'm running back and forth to TX trying to care for an aging aunt with Alzheimers. So, even though I want to check in more, I havent' been. Some of you I do see on facebook, but I still miss the forum.

But anyway, I'm running a marathon in DC tomorrow. 8:00am. Probably finish up around 1:00pm. I'm nervous, but I'm always nervous. I'll feel alright once I get going, then wonder WHY once I'm on about mile 22 or so. Always happy to finish then, and start planning the next one (kind of like you do after you're done with labor and the next kid.. haha)!!

I'll check in with you all later! Good to see some new faces!

Keri

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

cindyj

« Reply #1227 on: April 10, 2012, 04:53:20 pm »
Hello out there!  How's everybody doing?  Keri, how was your marathon?  Know it's so rewarding to finish - can't imagine doing one, but I do get why you do :)

I'm still using my free two month Bodyplex membership - really liking the classes...so much easier to do cardio in that setting vs a treadmill (for me, anyway).  Doing a class w/ weights also, which I like - would just love to have some muscle in my arms ;D  As in times past when I was disciplined about going to the gym, I find it much easier to reduce my chocolate in-take - not altogether, mind you ;), but I do not find myself grabbing a candy bar quite so quickly as I do when I'm not exercising regularly...

Get moving, everyone :)

cindy 

feeling great!

chloes mema

« Reply #1228 on: April 10, 2012, 05:29:57 pm »
Met my first 10% goal at Weight Watchers!!!!!   :D

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #1229 on: April 21, 2012, 06:54:02 pm »
walked 2 miles yesterday then went to work out room and 3 more on a stationary recumbent bike ...

have a 5 k in 2 weeks ... ugh

the girls are playing softball and I have been chasing balls with them in the field next to the house  ... now I have taking over batting pop flies for them or grounders ... they like flies but are weak on grounders... we were catching and taking turn batting but the up and down picking up dropped balls and running to get to them was giving me headaches ... I am pretty good at just watching  ;D

playing in the field is interesting ...dodging all the cow pies is tricky but so far we haven't hit any... the mule came to play one day ... she would run to try to get to the ball first which she always did since no one wanted to fight an 800 pound animal for it ... she just ran to it and came to a skid and stood there waiting for one of us to come pick it up ... my dog Stella is a night mare to play with ... she will dart out and steal the ball and run... we have one ball missing that she stole ... I am calling the girls home practice my new exercise routine

they are playing for Dr Pepper ... turn one up and toast Sarah and Hannah and wish them luck on their first year playing an an organized softball team ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery