Author Topic: Off the subject  (Read 1928 times)

thecakes

Off the subject
« on: February 02, 2006, 07:25:33 am »
      We are going to have a "water witch" come to our house today.  Have you ever heard of that?   Now, we have sulfur water and this "witch" is going to use this metal rod and walk through our yard and find the best place to dig a new well. I never heard of such a thing, sounds crazy to me, but my husband{  who came from the country} thinks this is common stuff.  I'v talked to many people out are way and they all agree with him.  Sounds silly to me but if it works, thats all that matters.  She'll be here in a half hour.  Bye, I have to get dressed.   thecakes

matti

Re: Off the subject
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 01:22:05 pm »
Cakes - When I was a kid, my grandparents were wanting to dig for a well in their yard, so they invited some guy over. The term they used was in Italian and I don't remember it, but the man walked slowy through the yard with a pronged metal rod and did find water. It was really neat to watch.

Have a great day!

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 03:46:13 pm »
Cakes,

You are a welcome relief to a lot of us on this site (well to me anyway). A lot of us on this site have some pretty serious issues with our health (including yourself) and your cheerful approach is fantastic, your attitude and charisma shine through. They certainly brighten me up.

Thanks

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

matti

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 04:01:57 pm »
Larry - I totally agree!!

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

okiesandy

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 12:40:07 am »
What a different subject. Brings a smile to my face.

My Grandfather was dowser (not sure of the spelling). He did not call it a water witch. He used a forked willow branch. he would hold it by the fork and the single end in front of him. He would walk over a piece of gournd and the branch would actually bend when he was over a water source. I hadn't thought of that in years. Seemed to work for him and his neighbors.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)