Author Topic: ANA Discussion Forum Apple Dumplin Gang brunch Oct 25, 2009 in Worcester MA  (Read 31591 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Cya on Sunday at 11 Phyl!

Noted.  Colorlady will be in the car as well. Picking her up at 10:45 so will see you at 11am, B/N

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Yikes...I better remember to record the Pats game from Wembly on Sunday... ;D. Everything falls apart around here when the boss isn't home.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

ppearl214

• Administrator
Yikes...I better remember to record the Pats game from Wembly on Sunday... ;D. Everything falls apart around here when the boss isn't home.

Bloke noted to me that the Pats are playing at Wembley (for what reason, I have NO clue) but given the opportunity, we'd fly over, stay with the inlaws, rail to Wembley for the game to get a take on how Brits view " 'Merican" football! :)

See ya Sunday!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
Just had my yearly MRI today at Mass General the same date as last year, Oct. 20th.

It's been a good year so far. Palace and I hooked-up and took a trip to Europe for a month. What an experience!! A week in Rome, Royal Caribbean cruise around Italy, Portafino, Tuscany, Messina, Sicily, Venice, Croatia, Naples, Zurich, Paris. More at the brunch.....
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

ppearl214

• Administrator
we've had a casualty!  :o  My crazykat rocker dood (who was going to share about this whirlwind trip he just took!) had something come up (riding to the brunch without him just won't seem right  :-\ )...... so..... I can accommodate one more in my car if someone needs a ride (have 3 already and  can take 1 more).  I'll be coming from Rt 128/I-95 north of town (Woburn cloverleaf area), heading down to Mass Pike (I-90), heading west.

for those that need road directions, please follow the link below for the restaurant (they have a link for the road directions) as well as the Sunday Brunch menu :)

Everyone should meet downstairs in the main lobby area away from the elevators (brunch vets will know where....)

http://www.maxwellmaxine.com/

Sunday, Oct 25, 12pm

Updated List:

Phyl/da bloke
Jim Scott and Tina
jcinma/Jane and Andy
yogaSue
KMacDonald Kathy/Bob
mlb/Grammy Mary
SML/Scarlett and Rich
elliemae/Elaine
cin605
LisaP
hlmsrd/Helga
epc1970/Erin and Mom
Rivergirl/guest Cindy
Hevreh
Joseph/Holly Stacy
Stoneaxe/Bob
buzzy1
Colorlady/Donna
gingerbread6
MissMolly
tsl/Theresa
JoeF
lholl36233/Laura and mum

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
Hi Phyl,

I had to ask, did you post that last message from another time zone? I had to ask because the message is recorded here as being posted at 11:34 am on the 23rd.

I hadn't sent you the cancellation notice until 12:52 pm in the afternoon the same day. Or is it that the computer clock is off? There has to be a reasonable explanation.
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

ppearl214

• Administrator
Hi Phyl,

I had to ask, did you post that last message from another time zone? I had to ask because the message is recorded here as being posted at 11:34 am on the 23rd.

I hadn't sent you the cancellation notice until 12:52 pm in the afternoon the same day. Or is it that the computer clock is off? There has to be a reasonable explanation.

Paul, if you had been 'lurking' at it without being logged on, it will reflect the site server time, which is PST.  If you are logged on, then it does show (as long as you set it on your profile) as EST.  It is showing me that I posted this "Posted on: October 23, 2009, 02:34:09 PMPosted by: ppearl214", which is after I got your email :)  If you lurked it, it would have shown as PST, which would have been the 11:34 (PST) as you note. Make sure your profile is also showing you have it set for your timezone (EST).  When the site was moved to the new host server, it defaults to PST where it is located.

Nope, I didn't jump the gun, m'dear.... I posted after you sent me the email... nothing more. The car ride still won't be the same without you.

Phyl

ppearl214

• Administrator
Hi all,

Well, finally here! We did have another casualty with Helga and know that she will also be missed today!  :'(

Final headcount, as of now is 31..... all I have to say is wow!  :o  :)

will be leaving in a little bit. I believe many of you have my cellphone number in case anything comes up.  Looking forward to seeing everyone there... don't forget to set DVR's/VCR's for the Pats game from Wembley so you can watch later.  Please remember to wear stretchy-waistband pants or MooMoo's as the food will be abundant! :)

Looking forward to seeing you all there... and for those not physcially with us.... we know you are there in apple-dumplin' spirit! Will post piccies later!

See you all there!
Phyl

jcinma

Hey Phyl,

Just noticed the time of your post 5:16:20 AM.  Do you ever sleep!?!?!?

Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

ppearl214

• Administrator
Hey Phyl,

Just noticed the time of your post 5:16:20 AM.  Do you ever sleep!?!?!?

Jane

PST was noted based on location of site server. Make sure your profile is noting you, m'dear, for EST... and to answer your question.... no. :)

See you in a few!

Logging off 10:00am EST

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: ANA Discussion Forum Apple Dumplin Gang brunch Oct 25, 2009 in Worcester MA
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2009, 10:29:32 am »
Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

You stuffed cute little piggies  ;D

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2009, 03:11:07 pm »
well, back, but only briefly as have to run out... but... to whet the whistle, 2 pics here... and the rest on Photobucket:

Photobucket piccies link:

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd186/ppearlbaxter/ANA%20Discussion%20Forum%20Brunch%20Oct%202009/?albumview=grid

The gang (some folks had to leave early before this was taken, so many missing faces):

Theresa's bribe piccie... with dessert, of course! :D

details later... gotta run... again!  Great to see everyone! Thank you SO much for coming out today!
Phyl
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 05:38:51 am by ppearl214 »

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2009, 04:12:44 pm »
Great pictures of everyone !  Joe:  your mouth is so symmetrical,  I'm amazed ! !  Great to see that.   Looks like everyone had a wonderful time
Thank you Phyl for the pictures.
Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

lholl36233

« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2009, 05:45:41 pm »
I had a great time today talking to everyone I felt like I already knew.

See you at the next brunch.

Laura
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2009, 05:47:57 pm »
Great brunch.............great food, great conversation, great time, and great pictures.......thanks all for a great day
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!