Author Topic: Prayers needed  (Read 13817 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Prayers needed
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2009, 04:40:57 am »
All of your wonderful prayers are working.  Chris was moved to a regular room at St Lukes in KC.  He is walking a little with the assistance of a cane.  Great news as far as I am concerned.  His right leg drags, but then so does mine....I told him I would show him how to not wear out shoes!!  His mind is still a little muddled, his words are few and far between, but he does understand what you are saying to him and he recognizes people and places.  He just thinks that his knee is his head, but that will turn around.  We are all very encouraged by the progress so far.  Thank you all for your many good thoughts and prayers....he is gonna be another success story!
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2009, 07:06:36 am »
Prayers in numbers plus puggle hugglez... I am a firm believer Brenda!  Thank you for this update! Great news!  Pls hang in there!

oxoxoxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2009, 07:37:57 am »
My prayers for a continuing recovery he is walking that is a miracle in itself, the words hopefully will come back soon..

Regards,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

texsooner

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2009, 08:17:40 am »
Great news Brenda...I'm sure he'll continue the improvement. Thanks for the update.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

Kaybo

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2009, 09:24:20 am »
Brenda~
Just catching up on this and even though his case is not the BEST news, I see lots of glimmers of hope.  The fact that he can write & express even tidbits of what he is thinking is the best thing I see.  Great that he is up & walking too.  It is a long, hard road, but he has lots of prayers and support.  Please give he & his wife extra wishes from me and if they would ever like to talk to someone who has gone thru that (to a certain degree), I'd be more than happy to talk to them.

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2009, 12:16:10 pm »
Brenda ~

Thanks for the encouraging update on Chris.  He is in the prayers of many good people and I have faith that he'll steadily improve.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.