Author Topic: feedback on titanium mesh  (Read 13880 times)

DHJ

Re: feedback on titanium mesh
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 10:32:21 am »
   My Titanium mesh was removed 10 days after the AN surgery due to  a meningitis infection.I now live quite happily with a missing piece of skull.When I asked Dr. Barker about it he said not to worry that is the way we used to do it.    Peace Dave J
3yr wait and watch on left sided 2.9cm AN is over surgery 11/4/2011 Mckenna/Barker at MGH one year MRI 11/12/2012 all clear

Mei Mei

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 03:30:47 pm »
Saw Dr Tew this afternoon and he said he could not remove the mesh because it was too big a hole from the retrosigmoid surgery.   How to deal with it now that I know from Denver that I have an allergy to the Titaniu and the Nickel is a problem I have to  deal with.
Mei Mei

1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Mei Mei

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 05:45:50 pm »
I just re read a post that said Dr. Chen placed a piece of the mesh on her arm.   That was done at my allergist's office here locally.   Then I went to Denver to Dr. Pacheco and she said that was not the way to test and that you had to used a different panel than what the local doctor did.  If you are not having problems, then I am relieved for you.  I myself had bleeding and a raised rash on the panel given me in Denver.   I have inflammation on the surgical site and it is painful to the touch.
Try to keep away from foreign objects in your body.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh