Author Topic: One yr post op MRI  (Read 2937 times)

cin605

One yr post op MRI
« on: June 14, 2009, 04:45:06 pm »
Tomorow go toDartmouth.Meet w/ ENT neaurosorgeon,MRI,Hearing test.Kind of nervous.will post when i return.Long day as its 2!/2
hour trip there first app. at 9:50-MRI last at 3pm Ent....Should be interesting.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: One yr post op MRI
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 05:35:11 pm »
Oof ...... sounds like a long, grueling day to me!  Keep us posted on the outcome.

Well wishes ......

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Dan

• Dan in Germany
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 01:31:33 am »
Take something to keep you busy, book, laptop, etc... sounds like alot of my doctors appt.  Sit around and wait 95% of the time and then have a test done 15 min. then 10min. with the Dr and the day is gone.  GOOD LUCK.

Dan in Germany
US Army Retired, age 51,  residing and working in Germany.
Retrosigmoid 21 Sept 07 left side 1.76cm AN, Prof. Mann, Uniklinik Mainz Germany

cin605

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 06:16:21 pm »
I'm baack!
Good news mri w/ contrast showed no bigger enhancment ,which leads docs to believe its scar tissue!yay,Follow up in 1 yr
to make sure.
Bad news nerve damage.Also clogged salivatory canal....need to apply heat massage suck sour candy for 2 weeks if it does not subside go to local EAR NOSE THROAT guy could be stone blocking saliva gland & it will have to be removed.
Back to Dartmouth 1 more time next week to see dr.ward Neaurologist,
sooo....i lay here on the heating pad happy to know nothing growing......sucking my sour candy.Very tired.
Says to continue vestub rehab n hope for more balance.
Answers...YES!
43yrs old

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 02:34:45 pm »
Bad news nerve damage.Also clogged salivatory canal....need to apply heat massage suck sour candy for 2 weeks if it does not subside go to local EAR NOSE THROAT guy could be stone blocking saliva gland & it will have to be removed.

Good news on the MRI!  I, as well, am curious about the "clogged salivatory canal."  I am assuming this is unrelated to the AN surgery.  What are your symptoms?

Clarice

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 04:06:37 pm »
Cin ~

Great news on your 'clean' MRI!  The "clogged salivatory canal" sounds unpleasant.  I hope it can be resolved without surgery.  What was the 'nerve damage'?  You've got us wondering.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cin605

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 12:00:34 pm »
My glands have been swollen from my ear lobe to mid throat for maonth.Started w/ soreness at base of tongue on the left side.Coincidently same side that was swollen for 4 months after surgery??I went to primary care who said i had lympnode infection.
Went on antibiotic z pac 5 days no difference....my doc put me on a sencond antibiotic took blood blodd results show no sign of infection.
I asked ENT at Dartmouth what he thought he thinks its clogged salivatory gland possibly a salivatory stone...hmmm....so far no improvement w/ hot pacs n sour candy,lime,pickles.
I have been trying to keep my spirit up....my friend went to dinner the other night n described to me what she ate..my mouth started watering ...i told her i was going to call her about 8 times a day & have her describe different menues to me so i could drool!o not know the extent of nerve damage.Still having mucles spasms in neck n head.creepy crawlys down my shoulder.Ear n eye
twitches.
I have made an appointment w/ my local ENT for tomorow.
43yrs old

wendysig

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 10:07:17 pm »
Cin,

Sorry about the nerve damage and blocked saiivatory gland -- I hope you like sour candy and things.  The news that nothing is growing seems to have given you new determination.  Hope all goes well and congratulations!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 06:28:18 am »
Cheri, thanks for the good link about this.  It truly sounds like it could be excruciatingly painful!!

Wendy, I hope you are doing much better.  Maybe the sour candy will do the trick.  If it does not get better soon, I would certainly call your ENT again.

Clarice

cin605

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 05:55:25 pm »
Thanks for the link.It was very informative.Went to ENT today of coarse i forgot to bring copy of my mri from Monday.He wants me to drop it off n see if he can see anything.If not its off for a catscan.Crap!
I got mri report in the mail today.
It says
post craniotomy changes w/ fat packing along the poserior ridge.The IAC is slightly expanded.Overall the pattern of enhancement is fairly stable.No additional new findings are seen.There continues to be some minimal enhancement in the cisternal portion of the cerebellarpontine angle noted,which is stable.
Impression:Stable post op appearence. :)
43yrs old