Author Topic: Treatment Anniversary  (Read 2951 times)

lholl36233

Treatment Anniversary
« on: November 11, 2010, 03:50:39 am »
Does everyone tend to remember the date their radiation started or surgery date years later?  Today is the anniversay of when my Proton Radiation started.  Whenever this days rolls around for years to come, I'm probably always going to remember.

Laura
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Treatment Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 06:26:48 am »
Laura

First and foremost.... Happy ANniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well done (in ALL aspects! ;) )

Absolutely, first week of April, 2006.  That year, "Good Friday" was that Friday and man, was it absolutely a "Good" Friday as it was the last day of my CK treatment. :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 06:43:39 am »
I always remember mine - and actually had a "lunch" when I hit the 10 year mark...realized yesterday that my 15 one is coming up on Dec. 12th.  Yep, I always remember it & fivers (for anything) are more of a big deal to me!

Way to go - 1 year!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 06:56:31 am »
Yup, always think about it ..... February 21st ..... kind of hard to forget it with yearly MRIs!   :-[

Actually my husband remembers the original diagnosing MRI date, the date I was told, the date of my first neurosurgeon appointment, and the date of the surgery!   :o  It all happened within a month so I was sort of numb and just saying "Yes, Dear ..... whatever, Dear."

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Lizard

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 08:38:01 am »
Of course I remember, it was the day my life changed forever!  Actually today marks 2 years, I'm focusing on the positive today and I'm really thankful for how far I have come  ;D

Congrats to you on your anniversary as well!

Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Cheryl R

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 08:52:43 am »
I do my own private celebrations of my anniversaries.      4 AN surgeries and I could bore you to death with details of all.   My first was 9 yrs ago on 11-01-01 so not long ago.                July 6th 2001 was my first MRI.           It is big deal when it changes your life forever but grateful I have done fairly well over time.                                  Cheryl R    
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 05:04:40 pm »
Laura ~

Although I don't 'celebrate' my AN-related 'anniversaries', I do remember the date.  Even at my age, its such a major life event that it's hard to forget.  June 7, 2006.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

b91221b

• 1.4 x .09 cm 5/09. CK 10/21-22-23/09.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 08:48:32 am »
My AN Cyberknife treatment anniversary was 10/21/10.  Had another MRI yesterday in Tampa.  Results: the blood supply to the tumor is dwindling, noticeably "black" in the center.  No noticeable change in size at this time.  Although the symptoms I experience will not diminish, according to the doctor (i.e. hearing loss, balance issues, and nerve damage to trigeminal) the little "bugger" isn't growing...it's being strangled!  So I praise the Lord for this great news!  The treatment WORKED!
Barbara

Funnydream

• Texas in my room crying. Guys can't cry. DARN IT.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 11:21:45 am »
My initials are BP. And the day that BP capped that well. Is the same day I was told. "Hey you got a big mass growing in your head and its messing you up."

I would have totally forgot about the date BP capped the well. But now I will remember I guess.
Age 42, AN left, 2.8cm
left hearing gone, balance getting better.
16 hour Surgery 9-27-10 CSF leak fix 10-4-10 3 hours
Miracle I feel my left face and tongue again.
If we evolved from monkeys into humans? When do we stop being human and become something else? What would that something else be?

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 11:33:59 am »
A major life event is hard to forget. My surgery date is up there on the list

Graduation from college,
Became a US citizen,
Purchased first home,
AN removed

The only actual date I remember is June 18, 2008, the date of my surgery. I don't think I'll ever forget this date, even years down the road.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.