Author Topic: choosing a cyberknife doctor  (Read 5472 times)

tgillesp

Re: choosing a cyberknife doctor
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 08:24:21 pm »
Hmm, well I took the advice here and emailed Dr. Chang.  He emailed me back within seconds and told me to mail my MRI films.  He said he would contact me after reading them.  I mailed them over 2 weeks ago on Sept 2 and still have not heard back from him.  I emailed him again yesterday to see if he had received them and still have not heard back from him.  I'm still waiting after 3 weeks for 2 other drs my ENT sent referrals to to call me back.  I'm surprised everything is moving so slowly.  I hope things will not always be like this once I have chosen a dr and treatment plan.  Some days I question whether this is all real or I've been dreaming the whole thing.  But I know its real. 
diagnosis 8/25/2010 5mm acoustic neuroma...second opinion by Dr. Chang says I have no tumor!!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 05:31:51 am »
Perhaps Dr. Chang is on vacation  ??? 

You might want to call his office.  If he's not on vacation, just extremely busy or something, at the very least you can ask his staff to have him get back to you.

As far as the other doctors go, you need to be proactive.  Don't wait for them to call you.  Call their offices and tell the receptionists that you need to book an appointment ASAP.  Mention you were referred by your ENT - gave his name and that he insisted you see the doctor.

Good luck,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

tgillesp

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 03:09:57 pm »
Thanks Jan,
I am going to call on Monday.  I tried today, but of course, it is Friday and most offices closed half day.
diagnosis 8/25/2010 5mm acoustic neuroma...second opinion by Dr. Chang says I have no tumor!!!