Author Topic: Possible AN?  (Read 6690 times)

Viktor92

Re: Possible AN?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 09:19:42 am »
Hi Viktor,
I wanted to let you know that I took 3 tests at my ear doc's (I can't remember what they are called) but he recommended them because they might show us how my AN is positioned and help with treatment options. I know one was they put air in your ear to mimic motion, and another was listening to a series of clicking and popping noses and seeing how that signal traveled to my brain. The other one was similar in that it was clicking and popping noises but with my head lifted at an angle. All weird/interesting stuff!!

All tests came back completely normal, and I have good hearing in both ears. The doctor told me that he uses some of these tests to check for a possible AN and I did fine on them.

I am asymptomatic right now and would have never known about my AN if it hadn't been for an unrelated issue I got the MRI for. I think its good that I found it early so I can have time to research my options. I think if you feel your doctor isn't taking you seriously I would try and find another.

Hi, good that you found out about your AN so early, I am indeed going to find another doctor, question is how long it will take to get an appointment.
I recognize that test you mentioned: "listening to a series of clicking and popping noises", I think that's the test I had done, not sure though.

Thanks for your input!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:21:27 am by Viktor92 »