Author Topic: End of the road is near .  (Read 9689 times)

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: End of the road is near .
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2007, 10:20:13 am »
On another post topic yesterday I wrote in all upset over my 1 year MRI which looked like I might have had 1.7cm residual tumor - turns out it's probably the 'fat' packed into the space.
Anyway, I & my co-workers are so relieved - however, I am now being called 'fat head' at work (said of course with much love & relief that it's probably NOT the tumor come back !!).
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

satman

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2007, 04:56:20 pm »
I love you all .
i'm over the "pity poor me".
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

pattibobatti

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2007, 05:59:33 pm »
Ok, that's iit, I'm not coming to any more of your pity partiies.  Really, I didn't even know that you threw one....

Have a good night!
Patti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

MLB57

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2007, 04:50:38 am »
Hi Satman--Just wondering--where did you have your surgery??  Who were your surgeons??  8 CM sounds like it'd win the Gold ribbon if there was a contest for the biggest AN found and I might add, successfully removed!!   Take care--Mary from MA   ;D
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

satman

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2007, 07:53:17 am »
hi there mlb57,i had my surgery at plano presbyterian in plano texas[suburb of dallas].
my surgeon was DR.Chang. yea it was a big one and 6 months later i am still dealing with
quite a few issues,at least im out of the wheelchair,dont ever want to see a walker again,and now i really
dont need the cane.I tend to walk like Ozzy Ozbourne,ha,ha , it's ugly but i  get to where i'm going.
check out some of my previous posts,there is some more detailed info there,if you care to read about it.
the one thing i truly feel blessed about through all this B.S. is the fact that i have found this forum,and have met some great people.
Obita,i sent you a p m,but not sure if you got it.
My computer has taken on a mind of its own.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2007, 03:48:12 pm »
Satman,

You are my hero. You have gone from 8cm ...to pushing aside the walker. (I am still using the walker in public places to give me a safety barrier from being knocked over...4 weeks post sugery here... but hey I am walking on my own around the yard outside)

Model of healing inspiration you are to us all... and I thought my "ted the tumor" was a whopper.

SATMAN Super Trooper...Keep moving forward!

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Ellenmn

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2007, 07:48:22 am »
I'm so glad that you're getting better. I know it's been a slow one but we are all pulling for you.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2007, 08:50:20 am »
Satman,
You truly are an inspiration!  My An was 3.5 and pressing on the brain stem.  My vestibular nerve was severed, so I still walk like a drunk twenty-six months after surgery.  I think my attitude is getting better.............it may be the pills....not sure and my family sure doesn't want to find out.  So I will keep taking them.  Walking without aid is awesome!  Keep up the great strides and keep us posted!
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

satman

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2007, 09:50:16 am »
thanks guys and gals , it is  folks like you guys that really give me motivation.
there are so many days that you feel like you just want to give up,blow off therapy,stay home and feel sorry for yourself,etc,etc, because it seems
like no matter what you do , things just seem to stay the same. I hope that makes sense, anyway,all i can do is look
 at all the people in my therapy class , and then you start to realize,ok, things are bad , but they could be much worse .
so, no matter what kind of day your having, just suck it up,do what your supposed to do,and believe me , i know its hard ,but in
time ,with your exercises and repitition, things will get better. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 12:56:45 am by satman »

Dfcman

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2007, 09:28:15 pm »
hey man its so good to hear you are doing so well.  I had a 6cm tumor and you are recovering a little faster than I did.  Just keep workin at it.  It seems (at least sometimes) that the people with the smaller tumors are the ones with more problems.  I don't understand why I really can't backtrack my tumor more than 2 or 3 years ago.  I dunno.  Frankly, I don't care.  Life is better and that's all that matters.

Chris

P.S.- what kind of work do you do?  I worked as a stockboy in the freezer/dairy departments in a grocery store.  Working was very therapeutic for me.
Son of Chrissmom
23 Years Old
AIM is the best way to contact me
5.3 x 4 cm tumor removed by surgery(2 times)
Dr. Arriaga and Dr. Baghai Pittsburgh Allegheny Hospital
Post Op as of 7/20/06

satman

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2007, 01:08:44 am »
Hi DFCMan,i work for  ABC news in Dallas .
I havent been back to work yet but,I am going back  nov 5th.
And I actually cant wait to go back, ,I got cabin fever,i am ready to get out of this house.
I went to the doc in april after I took of work early and did'nt come home for 2 months because they did a cat scan and found
an 8 cm tumor.
damn I'm glad thats behind me.