Author Topic: Sex during recovery.  (Read 18043 times)

Kaybo

Re: Sex during recovery.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 12:36:54 pm »
Don't kid yourself - the texts between the trio have been flying!  Lori, I think you need to post your answer...   >:D

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

cindyj

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 01:14:35 pm »
I was just sitting back waiting for the replies from the infamous trio when I saw this  ;)

Good question, really...my doc didn't address it with me, but I chose to tell my husband to not even think about it! 

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 01:27:33 pm »
Funny story:

As you know, I was in a VERY bad way... I was out of the hospital but not doing very well, so they took me back down to the medical center to test me for a CSF leak.  My mom, MIL and Dave were all with me - it took them all since I couldn't use my right side or walk very well.  I was participating in a balance study for Baylor, but the tests made me soooo sick, so I withdrew.  However, I agreed to let them continue to use my data and answered their questionnaires.  With everyone in the room (& me being married a little over a year), the young girl ask if we had "resumed intercourse" - hello, we weren't even sleeping in the same bed!!  I think she was just as embarrassed asking it!  Needless to say, to this day, my MIL has never gone in another exam room with me!!  :D

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 04:17:02 pm »
Well, if it wasn't for the catheter...it may have been real soon! LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist.  But I guess it all depends on how you feel.  I think I asked my Dr. about it and he said whenever I felt like it. So maybe if the body is in the  mood for it, then you are ok for it??? PS: Lori and Kaybo...tsk tsk....lol
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 04:29:18 pm »
Don't kid yourself - the texts between the trio have been flying!  Lori, I think you need to post your answer...   >:D

K   ;D
Watching folks.... this thread in particular! ;) Phyl :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Cheryl R

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 05:05:44 pm »
I still say it depends on if you are male or female!      Plus I want to know  the sex of the person that mentioned it.  LOL!        I am surprised it hasn't been mentioned long before this as we all know it has been thought of by most of us!            More than once of us with multiple surgeries!                              Cheryl R                           That could a well attended mini session at the symposium!
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Kaybo

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 05:13:06 pm »
CHERYL~
YOU WILD WOMAN!!!  :o

K   ;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

moe

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 06:41:21 pm »
Thanks for the laughs. I've been waiting for those responses!

Sorry I don't have anything funny to add...no secrets to tell......My husband treated me like a little princess post op with the killer headache and shortness of breath due to so much blood loss. Really can't remember the dirty details later........ >:D
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 06:47:22 pm »
Kudos to you for actually asking posting this!  

I will have to say, I DID actually ask because I am a female that has went through 2 unexpected c-sections, and 2 other unexpected 'female' surgeries.  Well, one of the things they strongly stated after those surgeries was waiting to have sex.    ~~~~~SO, of course I was more along the lines that surgery meant waiting 6 weeks,  or maybe I had an excuse...haha  ;)       Seriously, he said a couple weeks for the healing process & don't over do it  ;)

I too enjoy the laughs from the topic, but in all seriousness.....it is brain surgery and having sex can 'mess' with your head  ;D
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Kaybo

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 07:31:44 pm »
Phyl~
you are just watching it because you KNOW it will give you some laughs... ;D ;D ;D ;D

K   ;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 05:56:53 am »
Oh crude.......I was going to tell my husband that we could celebrate on the Anniversary of the removal this year.............it has only been six years! ???
Brenda  ;D
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Mickey

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 09:49:56 am »
As a Wait and Watcher if nothings growing has its good points and bad points. HaHa! Only kiddin, best wishes, Mickey

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 10:49:44 am »
Brutal headaches, facial pain and the side effects from being on Gabapentin and than Lyrica the libido got up and went.  I was on Gabapentin for one week and I noticed a huge change.  When I mentioned it to my doctor he looked at my husband with a smirk on his face and said, I'm really sorry Louie. 

When I see that annoying commercial on TV with the guy sing and dancing "Good Morning, Good Morning it's great to stay up late" I want to take a baseball bat to the TV.  I find all of these types of commercials to be completely lame  >:D

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Cheryl R

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 11:10:20 am »
Anti depressants can put a damper on it all too!        I would given your dr a kick in the rear if it was allowed!       Not nice to you!
                                                                    Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Brewers7

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 01:05:40 pm »
Anne Marie,
How about the commercials showing the two separate outdoor bathtubs?  Something about the logistics puzzles me.
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010