Author Topic: Uplifting (but non AN) Story  (Read 2171 times)

kdmayb07

Uplifting (but non AN) Story
« on: November 18, 2008, 11:42:46 am »
What an amazing story!

I am at work but this story makes me want to tell everyone I know right now, so I'm gonna start with posting it!

My best friend at work goes to church with a man named Virgil. His son is 40 and his name is Mason. Without any forwarning, Mason went into a coma one week ago and they found out that he had a bleeding mass in his brain, possibly due to an anurism. Mason has two young children. Yesterday was the day that the doctors were going to pull the plug.

Here is when I start to cry... :'(

Masons pastor and a few family pastors were surrounding him at his bedside and praying, and to make a long story short; one of the pastors started reciting a few scriptures that were favorites of Mason. All of a sudden tears started running down Masons face (when before he wasn't responsive at all) and his eyelids started fluttering!!!!!

The doctors rushed in and started running tests and found out that he was coming out of his coma. after an entire week! and on the day that they were going to pull the plug!!

Guys and Gals, i know that i don't have an AN so i can't even imagine what you all deal with each and every day, before and after recovery. but i do know that this story has given me hope, and it makes me realize that even though having an AN is no walk in the park, it is so much better than what it could be. And even though this man had the statistics fighting against him, he overcame. He beat the odds! As soon as I get home from work I look forward to hugging my mom and telling her this story of the amazing way that God works.

I hope this uplifts you like it did me  :)

-Kristin

wendysig

Re: Uplifting (but non AN) Story
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 01:42:16 pm »
Truly an amazing story about the fighting spirit we all have within us if we look.  This is a wonderful reminder to never give up hope for things getting better.

Thanks,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 06:15:46 pm »
All I can say is....wow.

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 08:57:46 pm »
Wonderful story, Kristin.

Thanks for sharing it with us,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Laura

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 05:17:47 pm »
God is great! Anything is possible when we believe!
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 04:35:40 pm »
Kristin:

You have my deep appreciation for posting that incredibly inspirational story of the man who came out of a coma while church leaders were reading favorite scriptures over him. 

Christians know of God's love for His creation and what he can do (anything).  Although I don't require further proof of God's presence in our lives, this story certainly was affirming and reminds me, again, that we serve a mighty God.

Thank you for posting this.  I'm sure it enriched the outlook of many people, whether they post to tell you, or not.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 05:43:25 pm »
Hi Kristin,
Thanks for sharing this.  All I can say is wow.
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 07:49:45 am »
I hear an echo...echo...echo...  ;)

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager