Author Topic: A.N. Depression  (Read 4368 times)

lori67

Re: A.N. Depression
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 08:01:46 am »
Yardtick -

I guess "normal" is all relative.  Maybe a slightly newer perception of normal is more accurate.  But I did notice the other day that things I dreaded or couldn't do last summer, I can do now - take the kids to the park, keep up with them (sortof) on the playground, drive on the interstate, go to the gym.  Before I had such a hard time just worrying about keeping upright and the eye issues and not hearing anything from the right that I couldn't even think about chasing the kids around.  My energy level is almost back to where it was pre-surgery.

I think socially, I will never be the same person, as I now tend to avoid crowds or noisy situations whenever possible.  Physically, I'm pretty good now and most of the time, emotionally, I'm okay.  (ok, I'm on Effexor too, so I guess that helps, huh?)  I have my moments when I want to crawl under the covers and not come out until my face works and I can hear again, but for the most part, I think I'm doing pretty well.  It took me a whole year to get the that point though.  I guess everyone just takes their own time to get to the point where they can feel "normal" again.

You should call your doctor about the pain you're having.  There's no need to suffer for four months if you don't have to.  Hang in there!  I hope today is a better day and tomorrow is even better.
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.