Author Topic: abdomen incision site?  (Read 1942 times)

michelle d.

abdomen incision site?
« on: October 22, 2010, 11:09:24 am »
Hi...quick question....has anyone here experienced post-surgery(i mean a long time after surgery) tenderness in the area where the doctors remove some fat for stuffing purposes? My surgery was approx. 1 year ago and have not had a lot of complications. Within the last few weeks, i have had very uncomfortable soreness in that area on the inside and it is effecting my hips. It could be totally unrelated to this but I'm checking here first, in case this happens sometimes??  It hurts to walk. Just curious....michelle d.
Acoustic Neuroma on right side--removed Nov. 13th, 2009 @ Strong Hospital, Rochester, NY....Translab.   50 years old

Cheryl R

Re: abdomen incision site?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:18:04 am »
I would say no that there should not be new pain in the fat graft area that far out.      Weird things do happen and you do need to get it checked out and also question colon,bladder or pelvic issues.               Good luck and let us know how it goes.
                                  Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 08:19:35 pm »
No issues at all with my abdomen incision and I am also approaching the 1 year mark.

- Dennis
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 08:23:11 pm »
I'm almost 3 1/2 years post op and had a fat graft from my abdomen.  No issues whatsoever for me - either immediately post op or at any other time.

I'm guessing what you are experiencing is totally unrelated since your surgery wasn't recent.

But, I'm no doctor.  Your best bet is to see one and get a medical opinion.

Please let us know the outcome,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 09:25:03 am »
Just a couple of suggestions maybe scar tissue has developed there and also what did they use to close it sutures or staples maybe one of the internal sutures might still be there if sutures was used. Just that I had this problem from a different type of abdominal surgery hope it is as simple as that but definitely look into other reasons as others have stated..

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

michelle d.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 03:52:20 pm »
Thank you for your responses....i guess i need to make an appointment with my regular doctor and check other things out. I'll let you know....Blessings to you all, ~~ michelle d.
Acoustic Neuroma on right side--removed Nov. 13th, 2009 @ Strong Hospital, Rochester, NY....Translab.   50 years old