Author Topic: Last night's MRI  (Read 8065 times)

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
Re: Last night's MRI
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 03:56:37 pm »
Sorry your getting the run-around....  Sounds like you need someone to make up their mind!  Hope you find something out at MEEI. Is that Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary?
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

lholl36233

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 03:57:58 pm »
Yes, that is the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary.  I just believe they will have more treatment options for me than in Worcester.

Thank you.
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

lholl36233

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 11:08:52 am »
Hi,

I just felt like sharing more thoughts on this.  From my new understanding, AN's start in the internal auditory canal.  My tumor started outside the canal and is now breaking through the IAC, causing my word discrimination to go down to zero.  The doctor said this is not a menangioma because it didn't rise from the menages(sp?).  He called it a cartilage tumor.  There was a newer doctor there also.  Dr. Gacek was explaining my previous up and down hearing tests to be caused by the tumor regressing when the hearing got better and moving forward when it got worse.  I am under the impression the tumor hasn't grown but it has moved.  What would cause the tumor to regress? 

Thanks for listening.  Looking forward to Dr. McKenna tomorrow.

Laura
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 12:53:57 pm »
Laura .....

I have no answers for your changing tumor and I am not a doctor.  However, I do know that MRIs do not tell the whole tumor story.  Only going in and physically looking and doing actual pathology on it do they know for absolute sure.  Medical science has made huge advances in diagnostic testing but some things still remain a mystery.

My thoughts and prayers as you continue on this diagnostic pathway, as well as for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 01:19:55 pm »
Heven't heard of a tumor moving before...  please keep us posted on how your doctor appointment went... 
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!