Author Topic: Woke up this morning........  (Read 4220 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Woke up this morning........
« on: December 12, 2011, 12:21:45 pm »
Woke up this morning with the Headache Monster sitting on my head pounding a railroad spike into the back of my head.  I fought him off with a new gizmo my doc had given me called a Sumavel DosePro.  It is a needle-less injectable Imitrex thing which blasts 6 mg of Imitrex right into you.  The last time I used it I neglected to pinch a bit of fat on my thigh and ended up with a nasty bruise, but I did the pinch this time, so we"ll see. Anyway the Monster let go after about an hour.  Yay me!

I have been able to beg samples from 2 docs because I know they are probably pretty pricey and I'm in the Medicare Part D Donut hole.

If you are having migraines more than 4 times a week, I would not recommend this because it's pretty toxic and you can build up an immunity to it if you use it too much.  The oral form of Imitrex is a crap shoot for me and often doesn't work, but the injectable works every time, even when If I've had the migraine for a while.

Wishing all of you a headache free day!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Woke up this morning........
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 03:43:35 pm »
Hi, Deb ~

Thanks for the update.  I'm sorry you were attacked by the headache monster but very pleased to learn that you have an effective weapon to use against him. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mei Mei

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 05:06:10 pm »
I used injectable for too long and now it doesn't work.    My osteopath who was great moved to Boone, NC.    Maybe you can see him.   PM if you want his name.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Mei Mei

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 06:39:45 pm »
I'm using a TENS Unit that I got from Amazon on sale and it helps.     I got the upgraded model for about $80  down from over $600.   Don't know why this is but I ordered it and I'm wearing right now..

Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh