Author Topic: Botox - in Australia!  (Read 2478 times)

HJY

Botox - in Australia!
« on: July 26, 2012, 10:26:58 am »
Hi!

Im wondering if people generally would mind sharing their botox experiences? Especially what changes they noticed in their face after botix?

Also Im wondering if there are any Aussies out there who have had Botox for Synkinesis. I am in Perth but am willing to travel. I've seen a Facial Retraining Therapist in the US and we have Skype consults. I'd ideally like to do the Botox here but may need to travel. I'd love to hear experiences, names, recommendations etc, and especially - does it work in actually improving things??!!

Thanks,
Heather
1.4cm L sided AN removed 6th Dec, 2010 (7 weeks after my 3rd baby was born!)
Surgeons - Proff Marcus Atlas & Dr George Wong, Ear Science Institute, Perth Western Australia
Mid Fossa,Hearing preserved,HB level 6 facial palsy Balance
issues
1st Oct, 2011 - Facial recovery HB 2-3, sudden HL of 30dB

PamJ

Re: Botox - in Australia!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 10:21:05 am »
Hi Heather the only experience I've had with botox is because of my facial palsy I could not close my eye and it got very sore so I had botox put in my upper eyelid, the next day my eye was completely closed and stayed that way for three months giving my poor eye time to recover.  Unfortunately when the botox wore off after the three months I still could not close my eye so had to have the corner of it stitched to try and protect the cornera.  My facial palsy has nearly recovered and I'm now waiting to have my tarsorrhaphy reversed.
March 2011 - Acoustic Neuroma translab surgery
July    2011 - Tarsorrhaphy surgery
June   2012 - BAHA abutment surgery
July    2012 - Tarsorrhapy reversed
Sept   2012 - BAHA (Pronto Pro) fitted
Sept   2013 - Diplopia Surgery
April   2014 - Platinum chain surgery