Author Topic: Cleaning Bad Ear...  (Read 2680 times)

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Cleaning Bad Ear...
« on: July 11, 2006, 05:59:57 am »
  I seem to have a buildup of ear wax I'm trouble dealing with .. its been kinda strange to q-tip my ear when I can't hear it anymore! and to make matters worse. I can't feel it well ether!

I've been looking at the the ear drops and etc, I see on the shelf to clean your ear's ... does anyone use these? or have any recommendations to clean my bad ear? :-\
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

DeniseSmith

Re: Cleaning Bad Ear...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 06:19:18 am »
JoeF

I have the same problem. I just run water in my ear when I am in the shower then use a cotton swab.  Denise

lmurray69

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 10:44:35 am »
You can use a little peroxid in the ear to loosen the hard wax also mineral oil..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

antoinette

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 10:59:21 am »
I am also surprise that my almost dead ear produces more wax than the one I use all the time.
I also let more water and soap enter it and use q-tips to dry it and clean what can be. I protect myself from arm by bending the q-tip to what I judge the right length because infection could still exist in a useless ear by damaging the ear drum.
ant

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 04:57:08 pm »
left field response Joef,

Wax, as I understand it, is dead skin cells. I gather that the more the deaf ear is lied on or rubbed or scratched, the bigger the dead skin / wax build up is.

How about putting some moisturiser on your deaf ear, especially before you go to bed. Maybe, this will prevent a wax build up.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 06:12:03 pm »

I clean it well in the morning shower.. but by time I come home ... wax built up! .. I can only assume I don't have it cleaned good enough in the morning .. I don't rub it or scratch in during the day and its not a noticeable amount (if it was my wife would give me hell) but its more than my "normal" ear.
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Static

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 07:59:58 pm »
Wow, I haven't had this problem at all, guess I'm lucky.  Matter of fact, I really can't feel or hear with my right ear but something about that qtip in there feels good even though I really can't feel but the movement.  I am careful because I really can't tell what I'm doing except from experience LOL!  Maybe I should talk to the doctor about that, it could be why my ear throbs sometimes.  The qtip does soothe the itchy feeling I have tho :/
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

nannettesea

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 08:53:24 pm »
I've been paranoid to do any cleaning of AN ear--my doc told me to keep Q-tips OUT.  Finally have had to resort to using them, wax build up heavy.  i'm just extra careful.
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05