Author Topic: prolotheraphy  (Read 1672 times)

palms0@hotmail.com

prolotheraphy
« on: March 06, 2009, 10:31:45 am »
Has anyone tried prolotheraphy for chronic pain and headaches. My husbands retrosig surgery was done 3 years ago this July, he has had pain from the incision area and headsches every day 24-7 since the surgery. We have been to headache clinic, botox injections numerous meds etc, nothing has helped. I don't know how much longer he can live with this pain! We were watching a Flyers game, and there was a Dr Greenberg from the Magaziner center who does this tx. Simone Gagne, a Flyer has had chronic headaches, which have been cured by this Dr's treatment!!! Only problem is Dr Greenberg called and spoke with me thinks he MAY be able to help, but he takes no insurance 350 1st consult, each injection is 110, then each follow up visit is 135, plus the 110 for injections, he states a MINIMUM of 10 treatments, you do the math??? I'm a working stiff this is alot of money. Before I even consider I wanted to see if anyone has tried this, and was it successful or not. I just started accupuncture 2 days ago @ 40 a vist to see if this help. We are really running out of options, it is taking it's toll on our whole family! Having the surgery was the biggest mistake we ever made! Any responses would be appreciated.
9mm retro sigmoid drs. evans and willcox jefferson hosp phila
facial palsy, external eye weight, headaches 24-7, incisional pain 24-7, balance issues
i was a 46 yo happy active man, now this surgery has ruined my life
I WANT MY LIFE BACK!
ps still have 4mm enhancing area :(

Sonja

• Calendar
Re: prolotheraphy
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 07:46:49 am »
Palms0:

I am sorry your husband has been in pain. Three years is a long time to suffer, actually anytime is. I am only a little over three weeks post surgery and fortunately do not suffer from headaches and have no knowledge of prolotheraphy. However, I did do a search on prolotheraphy and it seems some practiners do take insurance.

Capt Deb is a ANer on this forum who had suffered from headaches and found relieve after attending a AN conference where a reknowed headache speciliat spoke. I am attaching the link of her message below in hopes that you may be able to look into this and also PM Capt Deb and hopefully find relieve.

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=3982.0

I wish you well and hope that your husband finds relieve soon.

Sonja
Symptoms 2005
AN diagnosed January 2007
Watch & Wait until now
Surgery (Translab) scheduled February 18, 2009 HEI (Dr. House, Dr. Schwartz, Dr. Stefan)
No servicable hearing in affected ear

Sonja

• Calendar
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 07:55:58 am »
I am sorry I gave you the incorrect link. Go to the below link. See Capt Deb's response regarding headaches.

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=8497.0
Symptoms 2005
Watch & Wait until now
Surgery (Translab) scheduled February 18, 2009 HEI (Dr. House, Dr. Schwartz, Dr. Stefan)

Sonja

• Calendar
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 07:58:00 am »
Capt Deb mentioned where you may obtain a CD, see below:

Dr Silberstiens headache workshop is available in CD for $10 from the ANA--click on the logo in the upper right of this page.  Maybe your doc would be willing to listen to it! I've always been of the mind that the squeaky wheel gets the grease so squeak LOUD!
Symptoms 2005
Watch & Wait until now

palms0@hotmail.com

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 11:32:53 am »
Hi Sonja
Thank you for the well wishes for my husband. I also wish you a sppedy recovery that is pain free :)
Un fortunately the Dr you are referring to was my husbands headache Dr, who was by far one of the rudest, condescending , pompus,Dr's we have ever met(and I'm in the medical field). We did switch to one of his Fellows who was wonderful, but again was under the thumb of his boss. The clinic is research funded by drug companies. We found in all our visits there whatever the drug of the week is that is what you are told to take. My husband refers to it as "spin the wheel of drugs" Anything other than drug treatment is frowned upon, since that is what lines the pockets of the Dr's to keep the clinic open. He tried everything they offered but the pain was the same with or without the meds, even botox injections! His pain is from the incision, which then becomes a full blown headwreck off and on. There is another postie who had surgery by a Dr in Wash DC  I believe, who was having the same kind of pain and it was successful, it was some kind of wound revision of the nerves. He is very ANTI-Surgery, and he is trying accupuncture , he is on his 4th treatment, no change yet but we are hopeful. This Dr is an MD who does accupuncture also, by chance they had a seminar in Phila last week in which he presented by husband's case to the members and they are all giving their imput, he is their 1ST post AN surgery patient and are very involved in trying to help him. It is so refreshing to see a Dr who is genuinely trying to help you, rather than just interested in pushing drugs, and living off his past reputation. I'll keep you posted on the results of accupuncture, hopefully it will work !!!!
9mm retro sigmoid drs. evans and willcox jefferson hosp phila
facial palsy, external eye weight, headaches 24-7, incisional pain 24-7, balance issues
i was a 46 yo happy active man, now this surgery has ruined my life
I WANT MY LIFE BACK!
ps still have 4mm enhancing area :(

arkansasfarmgirl

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 03:18:49 pm »
My mom is doing prolotherapy for a knee/ankle problem and it is helping.  We do basically the same thing on horses, except it's a more severe irritant and only 1-2 sessions in a 6-12 month period, rather than an on-going treatment.  We call it an internal blister.  I didn't know you could use it for headaches.

Vonda