Author Topic: what the heck is going on?  (Read 3026 times)

madison

what the heck is going on?
« on: May 22, 2010, 01:31:02 pm »
HI EVERYONE!
i had g.k. 2 yrs. ago and just had my followup appt. the tumor hasn't grown since my nov. mri. the reason i am posting is that for about 2 weeks now, i have an issue after bending or sitting and then standing up--i get a sort of blurriness or bright light in the corner of my eye on the A.N. side. it kind of is like when you've been in the bright sun and go indoors-it takes a few seconds to adjust. has anyone experienced this and do you think it's A.N. related or could it be sinuses or what? please let me know what you think. i appreciate it! :)
Pennsylvania:female: 40 yrs. old
R ACOUSTIC NEUROMA;GAMMA KNIFE FEB. 2008
multiple meningiomas
scheduled for translab @ Thomas Jefferson in Phila. Pa. on 6/18/2012

been there done that

Re: what the heck is going on?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 05:12:26 pm »
I had similar symptoms  the tumor was pressing on arteries to Brain. I had to wear Teds hose to keep away blood clots and was put on
Blood pressure meds. After surgery  it all went away .

jerseygirl

Re: what the heck is going on?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 09:39:13 am »
I also had very similar symptoms but that was post-op in 1988. These symptoms were just the beginning of something larger. They escalated to more lights, severe headache, nausea, vomiting and fever. The entire thing was finally judged to be increased intracranial pressure due to poor CSF drainage. The symptoms went away when I got a shunt, in the order they appeared.

I was explained that increased intracranial pressure could be caused by the tumor blocking the CSF flow or, in my case, post-surgical inflammation and scarring.

I wold bring your symptoms to the attention of the doctor. Best of luck, hope they go away without treatment.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.