Author Topic: Translab 1 week today  (Read 1807 times)

kaylene

Translab 1 week today
« on: April 03, 2012, 08:28:50 pm »
Thanks everyone who commented on my last thread. Great to have the support.

I have been going really well.  Doing as everyone recommended lots of rest and walks.

Today I have come to the realization that I will have good days and I will have great days.  Today is a good day. Probably the lowest that I have had since I felt great,,, ;). Today will be a day of rest mostly.

I got out of hospital two days ago and I must say it is nice to wake on my own terms.

The thing I am struggling with is boredom.   I want to ask what others do to fill in a day that is not exhausting?  For me the biggest issue is my eyes and blurry vision, I have been trying to read and wondering if this is a no no.  I always longed for time to rest and do nothing but it seems I am no good at it.

Cheers Kaylene

30mm AN removed March 2012
In Melbourne Australia.
I now have SSD (RS) and tinnitus.
Good recovery, not to many issues.

grammyslim

Re: Translab 1 week today
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 09:17:58 pm »
Glad thing went well for you.  I will have to make a decision in the near future.

Have your tried books on CD?  There are some you can dwnload free or depending where you live get them cheap at a used book store.

Keep getting stronger and keep us informed.
1.4 cm diagnosed 01/12
significant hearing loss rt side
total balance loss rt side - AN side -
left side already compensated (who knew)
Radiation completed May 2012 - all systems are GO -- so happy I chose radiation near home.

Lotty mac

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 04:15:07 am »
The boredom is driving me insane !!! I am thinking I might try to organise years of photos, reading is hard for me as my eyes get a bit blurry ... Magazines are ok to flick through ... I have been playing a bit of words with friends and next week I plan to write some thank you cards !!

I too thought I would love the time of work but don't know if I can take it until early May ??? Lol!

I made an appointment to see a physio tomorrow so maybe she will be able to give me some exercises to keep me busy too...

You sound like you are doing fabulously - keep up e good work :)

kaylene

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 04:55:12 am »
Lotty let me know if you want a new game on words. I just started two days ago. I'm not very good. But it fills in a bit of time.   :D
30mm AN removed March 2012
In Melbourne Australia.
I now have SSD (RS) and tinnitus.
Good recovery, not to many issues.