Author Topic: Great Cochlear experience  (Read 2895 times)

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
Great Cochlear experience
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:52:27 am »
I have a Cochlear BP100 BAHA for 18 months. I love it...but there have been problems. Two cracked cases. They sent me a brand new one almost a year ago, and it has not cracked. Problem #2 was a moisture seal on the back has pealed loose twice and replaced twice, and it is doing it again. Cochlear extended my warranty for an extra year. I did not want to face that problem down the road again, so I called a local ENT and left a message that I was interested in a Ponto Pro, and wanted someone to look at my abutment to see if it would fit. I got a call back that a Cochlear rep wanted to meet me.

We met yesterday at the ENT's office. She ran a full hearing test on me, and adjusted my BAHA. My good ear is going south, and the tune up really improved the BAHA performance. No charge. My insurance would have covered it, but the rep wanted to settle any issues.

I asked about the cracking. She said the material they use to manufacture the case has changed. The old material, when it was molded, left a manufactured weak spot in the same place, and it cracked. My new case, is the new material, and I believe that problem appears to be fixed. She said Cochlear is working on the moisture seal. I am sure they will find a fix.

I am not pushing Cochlear. I'm not their rep. I am telling you that their customer service has been excellent. My abutment is the old one, so a ponto pro would fit, but I will not switch brands. There are 3 reasons...my BP100 just flat out works...excellent customer service...and when my bad ear goes further south, I can step up to a BP110, and when it really quits, I can get a Cochlear implant, all from one company.

Happy camper here!

James

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Great Cochlear experience
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 08:44:59 am »
James, so glad you're a happy camper  ;D

I am a volunteer Cochlear and I love to hear stories like this one.

Yes, there have been problems with Cochlear products recently, but they have never failed to make them right.

Cochlear has an amazing track record when it comes to service and they are very customer-oriented.

I too had the opportunity to choose an Oticon product, but didn't take it.  I'm a loyal Cochlear customer, which is what led me to become one of their volunteers.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 02:11:13 pm »
The Cochlear rep wanted me to send in my BAHA right away to get a new seal installed. About a week after I met her, she called me and reminded me to send it in...I think she was following up the repair, and found out I had not sent it in. How is that for service?

James

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 09:06:30 pm »
Cochlear service is incredible - and they generally stick to a turnaround time of 5 business days on repairs.

They will also pay for Fed Ex roundtrip to/from your residence or your audi's office (if he/she needs to reprogram your processor).

If you tell them your processor is being sent in for repairs, they'll give your their Fed Ex account number to put on the airbill.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways