Author Topic: My Beach Vacation  (Read 15931 times)

Lilan

Re: My Beach Vacation
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2009, 03:15:33 pm »
Alicia, I am going through the same ups and downs. I think we'd be crazy NOT to worry a little and have our downs -- totally natural to resist a stranger entering your skull after all.  :o

We just have to ride through those feelings, I think, and get 'er done.

PM'd you also.

Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

alicia

• it is well
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 08:41:08 pm »
So after 6 days of feeling sorry for myself I have snapped out of it and feel much better today.  Leaving day after tomorrow for LA and hoping and praying all this works out.  California - here I come! 8)
02/16/18 III to IV post GK Facial Paralysis
12/13/17 Gamma Knife
05/19/09 Translab Larger than expected - Drs used the word "tangerine"   House - Friedman and Schwartz
04/02/09 Diagnosed Left AN 3.2cm x 2.6cm x 2.7cm

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 08:42:18 pm »
Good luck, Alicia  ;D

Lots of us are praying right along with you.  Everything will work out fine. 

Keep the faith,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009, 09:32:42 pm »
So after 6 days of feeling sorry for myself I have snapped out of it and feel much better today.  Leaving day after tomorrow for LA and hoping and praying all this works out.  California - here I come! 8)

Alicia,
I am glad you "snapped out of it" and feel better today.  You are going to a world class AN facility and being operated on by some of the best.

I look forward to hearing from you as a "postie". 

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009, 09:43:41 pm »
Alicia,

The waiting is the second hardest part (the first being the decision of how to deal with the tumor).  Now you have entered the acceptance and "just get this thing out of me" stage, congratulations!  Even the morning of my surgery, I was upbeat and not a bit nervous! (Don't ask my wife though, she'll say I was  ;) ).

You know we'll all be praying for you!  I am looking forward to "seeing" you on the other side!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

chocolatetruffle

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 09:44:04 pm »
your surgery is coming up!!  good luck and you are in great hands at HEI, keep us posted and we are all keeping you in our thoughts.
chocolatetruffle

2.8 cm left AN
Translab @ House/St Vincent's 11/27/07
Drs. Brackmann, Schwartz, Wilkinson, Stefan

sgerrard

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 11:23:33 pm »
Best wishes for a great trip and a great surgery, Alicia. I was going to call you a fraidy cat, but I guess you are over that now. Lilan is right, it is normal to be a little nervous; brain surgery is not something you do every day. It will work out fine, and one day you may even get a new hat in the mail. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Lilan

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2009, 06:43:51 am »
Alicia, wishing you great times in L.A. pre-surgery, then some nice "rest and pampering" afterward! I have a good feeling about all this. You need to get that thing outta there and move on!

And the date you'll be back home in your own bed, with all this behind you and some cool vacation pictures, is ever nearer, too!  :)
Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

alicia

• it is well
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 07:43:48 am »
It will work out fine, and one day you may even get a new hat in the mail. :)

Steve

I would be honored Steve!   ;)
02/16/18 III to IV post GK Facial Paralysis
12/13/17 Gamma Knife
05/19/09 Translab Larger than expected - Drs used the word "tangerine"   House - Friedman and Schwartz
04/02/09 Diagnosed Left AN 3.2cm x 2.6cm x 2.7cm

Keri

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2009, 08:53:17 am »
Hi Alicia,
I hope you and your family are having a great time in California. I'll be praying for you on surgery day.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Lilan

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 07:13:17 pm »
Alicia, in 24 hours you'll be a postie!! Will be praying and sending good thoughts your way from this moment on!

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 08:19:42 pm »
I am now officially more official with my date.  I was May 14 in Nebraska, but now I am May 19 at House

Right about now you are probably finishing the "blood clotting" test! You've been through all the pre-op battery of tests.

All the best tomorrow, and I look forward to hearing from you as a postie.

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

NL

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2009, 01:32:08 am »
Hi All,

David, Lainie, and I had the pleasure of meeting Alicia and her family today (Monday - I'm posting late!). She seemed very relaxed, well-informed, and ready to be a postie.  :)

Here are some pics from today:

Lainie, Alicia, & David, 5-18-09

Alicia, David, & Nancy, 5-18-09

Alicia & family, 5-18-09

Lilan, who'll be following Alicia to House next month, will be providing us with updates from Alicia's husband Todd. (Thanks, Lilan!)

Alicia - you know we'll all be thinking of you and sending tons of positive vibes your way tomorrow!

Nancy

1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

cindyj

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2009, 05:28:41 am »
Love the pics (as usual), Nancy!  Great to see Alicia with the LA Gang!  Best to you today, Alicia...will be glad to see you as a postie very soon now!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Lilan

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 05:29:07 am »
Wow, you all look fantastic and Alicia looks so relaxed and tan ;) The-vacation was a great idea.