Author Topic: Cross Your Fingers for me  (Read 7208 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: Cross Your Fingers for me
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 03:25:29 pm »
This is more their loss than yours, Soundy.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Mei Mei

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 05:31:20 pm »
That entire situation was so odd and poorly arranged.    They had no right to dangle this in front of you like that.    THey should have looked to see if your kids were on the Free and reduced lunch program before approaching you.    And for that comment on whether or not your relationship was stable,  well...that was so offensive.

Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 04:12:39 pm »
Jim , the program is ran by the state of Tennessee and is aimed at putting older people back into a work situation ... when I was first asked by the principal if I would be interested and called the people about it they told em their was an income cap based on house hold income and also you had to be 50 ... I had to wait to start process until I turned 50 in November ... they could have told em way back at the end of September that my income was going to knock me out  instead of dragging this along ..

so I guess for now I will continue to work at school for free ...not like I have anything else to do ... and going to school gives me a mental boost ... being around people is better for me than sitting here cleaning house , reading and talking to my dog ...

the thing that really got me though was the comment about the stability of my relationship just made me mad ...

I did get a message from the office that they have another program that is similar that is also income and age based that gets new funding in April ...they have a higher income ceiling ... the message said to call back in mid April ... I will call back but before I make the 80 mile round trip to their office I want them to give me the income cut off first ... I have made 4 trips over there when after the first they could have told me we made too much and saved me the gas ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery