Author Topic: OMG16 having surgery  (Read 18013 times)

jerseygirl

Re: OMG16 having surgery
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2008, 07:22:22 am »
Hi, OMG,

Hope you get well soon! You'll love Palm Springs, I have been there. It's great to hear that you have so much support. Don't be afraid to use it now - you need it.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2008, 07:51:49 am »
OMG16:

Allow me to add my voice to the 'AN chorus' (your friends here) that wish you a successful treatment and a soothing , relaxing vacation in beautiful Palm Springs. 

You've been through a lot and still have a few miles to go but with your upbeat attitude and the solid support you clearly have from your family, especially your caring husband (who set up the vacation in Palm Springs) I'm sure you'll get through this O.K.

Know that you're in my prayers and those of many others here and if positive vibes were tangible, you would be tingling right about now.  ;)

Stay strong.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2008, 01:27:31 pm »
OMG -

It's so good to hear from you  ;D

Boy, you have been having a bad time of it.  Good for you for having such a positive attitude; not easy in light of everything that's been going on.

I'm hopeful that you are now on the "right path" and well on the way to recovery.

You are so lucky to have such a wonderful, thoughtful husband.  Enjoy your mini vacation.

We're all thinking about you and wishing you the best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2008, 02:52:35 pm »
OMG -

I'm so glad to hear from you!  I'm glad you finally have a plan of attack and can move forward on this.

I also hope you have a wonderful, relaxing vacation!  What a sweet thing for your husband to do!  Enjoy every minute of it!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2008, 06:01:30 pm »
*runs in, runs over to 16... gives MASSIVE Hugglesssssssssss... and multiple forehead smoochies  :-*  :-*  :-*.... runs back out*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sgerrard

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2008, 10:59:10 pm »
Gracious, what an elaborate diagnosis and treatment plan! It is wonderful to hear from you, despite all the pain and misery, I can tell your spirits have brightened up. It surely does not sound like a good thing to have, but it does sound like the end is in sight, and that you have a good plan for treating it.

The vacation is a brilliant idea, I particularly like the idea of napping in balmy Palm Springs every afternoon. I wonder if I can sling a hammock in my office at work?  :D

Joy is in your heart, OMG, I can just tell, and they can't take that away from you. Have a nice quiet time on vacation, and best of health to you in the future.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

OMG16

« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2008, 07:05:37 pm »
Brenda you are right my infectious disease Dr vacations in Palm Springs also and he said it would be a very good idea as I can nap anywhere.

Nancy they are giving me oral antibiotic now however yesterday and today my fever is running up to 100.5 which it usually doesn't do with the antibiotics so we will see.

Jersey you are absolutely right Palm Springs is wonderful and we try to go at least 2 times a year.  We were supposed to go in Jan. for the Bob Hope Classic, we had VIP tickets so we could go anywhere.  I was so excited and so was my son he got them for his birthday in Oct from our family friends we stay with when we go.  The youngest boy of the Family is the Pro at the Golf Course that they hold the classic at.  I knew when he was 6 and I was 16 and I stayed home from school to take care of him when he had chicken pox that it would eventually turn out to be a good thing (LOL).  We had to cancel that vistit as I was to sick with the infection and had to have surgery 10 days later and they did not want me going out of town.

Jim I always love to hear from you!  You have such a great way of saying everything.  I can feel the love from the forum members and I am tingling right now.  Thank you for all your well wishes.

Thank you Jan.  I know I'm on the right path now it could just takes months to carry out all of the treatment plan so I must be patient and keep my good attitude and that has been hard.

Lori thank you and I will enjoy every minute of my vacation with my wonderful husband who I thank the lord everyday for.  I'm sure my vacation while sick will be more relaxing than your current trip to the in-laws.  The zoo in an hour....wow.......I'm having a visual of you running like a lunatic holding your childrens hand and them flying with their feet off of the ground.  ;D

Wow who was that who gave me a run by huggle and kisses?  Did anyone catch that?  She was just a blur.

Steve I think you know how much I appreciate you!  When this first started back up I was very angry and frustrated and the treatment and brush off I got at first was to much for me to take.  I'm just very glad it was only one of 6 Drs treating this.  I usually always have a positive attitude because you can not change how your feeling health wise all you can do is change the way you react to the situation and I believe that I have control to change a very bad situation into a situation that you can and will live with to the best of your ability.  If I was sad and depressed all the time I would be robbing myself and my family from the life that I have now and for some time to come and then we would all lose very precious time together.  With our life the way it has been over the last several years this is one of the most important things I have learned.  I thank God everyday for this lesson because we do have a wonderful life full of love.  I think you should hang a hammock in your office and have a drink with an umbrella.  Be sure to take a picture and send it to me through the PM.  That would make me laugh and I think the Dr has ordered that also.  So you would be helping me to get better, it would be medicinal and that is what you can tell your boss or anyone else that questions you.

Love to all of you.   :-* 16  :-*

I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2008, 08:33:14 pm »
Wow who was that who gave me a run by huggle and kisses?  Did anyone catch that?  She was just a blur.

*dashes by 16, handing her special care of prescription glasses so she no longers sees the "blur"*   

:-* :-* :-* on your forehead!
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

OMG16

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2008, 09:17:53 pm »
Do my glasses slow you down to?  ???  Back at you.  :-*  :-*  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2008, 01:19:03 am »
OMG! OMG, I just now got caught up on your story.  No wonder you are AWOL on the Princess Batty Wench.  Good Grief.  I wish you only the best and I hope you have a relaxing vacation in the southland.  I'm in pain just thinking about your pain.  Sounds like you will have great care-givers tho. 

Take care,

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Kaybo

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2008, 02:06:47 pm »
Hello All~

I spoke to 16 on the phone yesterday and she sounds good even though she has been through the ringer and is still recovering.  They sent off from the surgery and the cultures came back positive for 3 different bacterial infections!!  No wonder she is still having horrible fevers and trouble!!  She was to start IV's either yesterday or today - YES, she, too, is joining the elete PICC club.  However, she said she was very glad to so that maybe this can be cleared up once & for all!!
Just wanted to let everyone know - I know she has been missed!!   :-*

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Mickey

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2008, 02:33:04 pm »
It`s great to know they have pinpointed what bacteria is causing the problem. Once treated hopefully getting to a speedy recovery.  Thank goodness!, Best wishes Mickey

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2008, 02:33:17 pm »
K -

thank you for the update  :)

I thought I saw OMG logged on the forum a day or two ago and I was hoping she'd update us, but then I didn't see any posts from her.

I'm sorry she's had to go, and is still going, through so much.  I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Jan

Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2008, 02:36:07 pm »
Jan~
I think she has "dropped in" a time or two, but I don't think she posted!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2008, 02:38:18 pm »
K -

glad to hear that she's dropping in - and that I didn't miss a post from her.

I hope she's back to posting soon.

Jan