Author Topic: research into brain tumours  (Read 2645 times)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
research into brain tumours
« on: May 11, 2006, 05:12:25 pm »
Hi ye all,

the topic of potential impact on brain tumours / an's from mobile / cell phones has been inconclusive to dat. I think with a recent development in Melbourne (refer link) may force some new studies. Essentially, a uni building in melbourne housing teachers has had a spate of brain tumours that is more than co-incidental. There is a comms tower above on the roof and the there is thought that it has leaked and caused brain tumours in 7 people that work in the top two floors since 1999.

[http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/phone-tower-cancer-fears/2006/05/11/1146940676777.html]

Hopefully we'll get a proper study into the effects of different frequency levels / emissions etc that is not sponsored by the phone companies.

Laz

2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

tony

Re: research into brain tumours
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 12:04:24 am »
In all of this linkage either masts or cellphones to ANs- I do sincerely hope they are wrong
the useage overall has increased 10 maybe 100 times relative to what it was 10 yrs ago,
- if they are right then we are going to see a ten-fold increase in newbies shortly
sobering thought ?
best regards
tony

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 05:37:11 am »
Laz did the have AN's or brain tumors?  There are different types.  They have some towers here near a military base and in a certain mile radius there were more than normal amounts of people coming down with a form of cancer.

jamie

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 01:19:46 pm »
I really doubt cell phones are the cause...

What is a cell phone? How does it work?
A cell phone is a portable phone that uses a network of “base stations� or fixed antennas, that allow users to call from almost any location. The phones send and receive radiofrequency signals to and from the base station. Base station antennas often are mounted on towers, but can also sit on rooftops, water towers, power poles, and other tall structures. All cell phones are tested according to government standards and cannot be marketed or sold unless they have passed these standards. More information about these standards and test information for specific phone models is available at the Federal Communications Commission Web site: http://ftp.fcc.gov/marketsense/cellphone-health.html.

What is RF?
Electromagnetic radiation consists of waves of electric and magnetic energy moving together (radiating) through space. Radio waves and microwaves released by transmitting antennas are one form ofelectromagnetic energy. They are called “radiofrequency� or “RF� energy or radiation. Often the term“electromagnetic field� or “radiofrequency field� is used to indicate the presence of electromagnetic or RF energy. RF radiation should not be confused with ionizing radiation, such as x-rays or gamma rays. RF fields have lower energy and therefore cannot cause ionization (potentially resulting in chemical changes) in the body. RF fields are non ionizing radiation.

What is non ionizing radiation?
Non ionizing radiation has lower energy and longer wavelength than ionizing radiation. It is not strong enough to change the structure of atoms it contacts but may be strong enough to heat tissue. Examples include radio waves, microwaves, visible light, and infrared.

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:mNOsODYvZTwJ:www.cdc.gov/nceh/radiation/factsheets/cellphone_facts.pdf+cell+phone+ionizing&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=5

However, I do often wonder about dental x rays being the culprit, after all they are directed at the skull base....

CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

Windsong

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 01:29:56 pm »
I found this site... very informative about many issues concerning emissions.
Hope the link goes through

http://www.emr.bc.ca/Articles/Suzuki-4.html

windsong

jamie

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 03:00:25 pm »
I found this site... very informative about many issues concerning emissions.
Hope the link goes through

http://www.emr.bc.ca/Articles/Suzuki-4.html

windsong

It appears they are selling their services which gives me pause. They are electricians and seem to be saying that they can fix wiring to eliminate or reduce the EMF dangers they cite....

As the population increases, it only makes sense that the prevelance of certain medical issues will increase as well. I don't doubt that our environment can play a role, but there is no way to avoid EMF's in the city...
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 02:11:19 am »
You know guys, I'm into technology in a big way and am really excited with the possibilities of 3G networks - for instance, enabling phones to carry live internet transmissions including voice control and video calling. However, the cynic in me (never used to be cynical until my surgeon lied to me repeatadly, about the frequency levels used. With infrastructure costs really high, and 3G not going through building walls that well (at the moment), my gut feel is that combined with some faulty gene or something defficient in the body, that these things can 't do any good.

After all, how many years and how many studies did it take before the ills of smoking was highlighted - and that was really due to inside info being leaked. The big tobacco companies pumped that much money into the research places that biased reports were always going to be the case. And is the mobile phone market any different?

Oh well, I will be following the outcome of this case v ery closely. At this point, its not clear what type of brain tumor these guys got. As soon as I find out, I'll let you know.

Laz
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW

***Leigh***

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 05:35:15 am »
Has anyone heard of a link between ANs and head injuries.  I've been on the UK forum and a number of people, including myself have been involved in road accidents in the years running up to the diagnosis of AN.  Maybe a bit of a conincidence but I was interested if anyone else has had such an experience?

Mind you perhaps the link is the presence of an AN and balance etc problems causing the accidents!

L

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 06:26:03 am »
No road accidents for me, in fact no head trauma at all.

Back onto my original topic here, further stats (can't remember if it was in the article) but 5 of the 7 cases reported were diagnosed / discovered in a 5 day period. Furthermore, the university is providing free medical checks - I presume that means scans, to everyone in that building. I'll keep posting any news.

Laz
Chronologer of the PBW

Windsong

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 06:59:11 pm »
Leigh,

I think a few folks with ans have had a "some sort of head injury". Not sure what the stats might be.

I don't think their ans necessarily caused a problem at all in a road accident.. In fact many had someone else hit them.

genetic;  environmental; situational... etc.... I am hoping one of these days the "trigger" that begins this An is discovered.

In the meantime, I think we all do what we can, with the knowledge we have, plus it goes in leaps  and bounds, a lot of which is coming out much faster than a decade ago or even five years ago.

Hope they find the answer soon.

Good wishes to all,
Windsong