Author Topic: Hello strangers and old friends!  (Read 2764 times)

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Hello strangers and old friends!
« on: July 14, 2011, 11:27:55 am »
Just recently received a note from Kaybo and it reminded me of all of you.  Hope everyone is hanging in and that newbies are well supported, as I know I was.  All is good here and have just gone from a full time totally insane job to a more manageable part time job in the same place.  I am fortunate that all was worked out for me so that I could stay at Oberlin, a place I have been for over a decade and whose people I love.

My health is pretty good, still suffer from chronic pain as a result of surgery but yoga and meditation have made huge inroads into managing the pain and to finding my "center" again. 

Hope all is well with all of you; please drop me a note and say hi.

Hugs,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Hello strangers and old friends!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:16:03 pm »
Well, Hi, Marci!

It's great to see you post again!  I'm so glad to learn how well you're doing and that you are comfortable with your revised work schedule at Oberlin college.  Although I would prefer (like you) that your pain disappeared, at least it's manageable. 

We have a new hosting company for the website, a slightly different 'look' and lots of new members, which is a two-edged sword.  I hate to learn of anyone being diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma but I know that is inevitable and I'm pleased that we can help, advise and support those folks, as they need us.

Thanks again for 'checking in' and please, 'don't be a stranger'.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 01:36:46 pm »
Marci~
So glad you dropped in to say hello!!  We've missed you!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 10:17:02 pm »
Marci, it's been ages since you stopped in.

Good to hear from you  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 10:30:18 am »
Yay!!!  :D :D :D It's Marcie!!  I am so glad to hear that you are doing well and that you are managing your pain levels.  I have missed your wit and quips and was so glad to see your post. So you are part time now?  I retired from full time teaching and love just subbing when I feel like it.  I did a long term sub last spring, but it was only until noon each day and I loved it. Does that mean that you no longer go to Italy each summer?  I was in Rome on June, and I thought about you each time I enjoyed the LImoncello  ;)

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 11:08:28 am »
Yes, Marci, it is good to hear from you again.  So glad things are going well for you now that you are in a less stressful job.

Stick around here .....

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 06:39:47 pm »
Hi there!

Glad to hear you are doing ok and staying connected to work that you enjoy.  What a nice way to come back to the forum today! I've not logged in for a good while and there you were!! Take care.

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!