Author Topic: My 6-month post CK update  (Read 2270 times)

novagirl

My 6-month post CK update
« on: May 06, 2013, 08:03:34 pm »
Hello my fellow ANers!

Just as a reminder I had CK at Stanford in October 2012. Had my follow up MRI and audio gram in April. The results: perfect hearing and a necrotic center noted by the doctors. No real issues, other than the usual occasional ringing, facial tingling or dizziness (the last one is extremely rare). Dr Chang is very happy with the results, as am I. So glad I made this choice. My advice to all considering their options: Follow your gut feeling. I quickly knew that CK felt right for me even though I did spend three years in W&W. You will know what is right for you also.

Blessings to all.
Right AN 10 x 10 x 7 mm - dx 7/28/09; w&w for three years
CK at Stanford October 2012 - Dr. Chang and Dr. Soltys
Oct'12: 15 x 14 x 10 mm
Oct'14: 12 x 6 x 5 mm

terisandler

• Radical Mystic
Re: My 6-month post CK update
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 05:26:17 am »
Great news.  I hope my results are noted that quickly down the road....
3/25/13- dx 18x11x14 mm AN, hearing loss in right ear x 5+ years, 5 sessions of CK completed May 2013, now a "post toastie".  Follow up MRI 4/14/14 - 15x19x11 mm. Stable with some signs of necrosis.
 Yippee!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:22:29 am »
Novagirl ~

Your CK results are outstanding and will serve as an encouragement to those considering this treatment.  Congratulations!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

phantagrae

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 11:26:23 am »
Novagirl, thanks for sharing your update.

I'm working my way toward having CK, hopefully soon, and I'm hoping for the best of all possible outcomes.

Glad to hear you're doing well. :)
Numbness on right side of face beginning some time in 2012 through early 2013
MRI 4/15/13
20mm x 19mm x 16mm intra and extra canalicular AN on Right Side.  ("Largely extracanalicular")
FSR treatment beginning on July 22, 2013--going for 30 treatments

Bena

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 05:13:01 pm »
It is encouraging to see someone 6 mo. out with positive things to say. I am less than a month out and miserable.

I had my CK treatment in three sessions, last one was April 22.
I was given Decadron 4 pill per day. on the first day of the treatments.....did a pretty fast taper (on 1/4 pill per day now, almost done with taper), because I experienced major muscle loss, a sugar spike, confusion and psychosis while on it, so we (Dr's, at my insistence as well) have decided I have to get off this drug to try to preserve my muscles in my knees/legs and also some sanity.
I am now beginning to have headache, tenseness in temples, ringing, teeth kind of feeling weird....head feels like heavy. Smiling feels weird.

I am afraid of the fact that going off the steroids will make all of these new symptoms my new problems. Feeling like I have to choose between muscle wasting and insanity and insomnia OR facial twitching, teeth pain, headache, and who knows what else. Feels really early to have all of these complications. I see a lot of posts about surgery and facial issues and pain, but not much for CK.....so do I need to back on Decadron and be crazy and not use my legs?? I am just scared of these two options. Any help? Hope?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 05:16:13 pm by Bena »
Acoustic Neuroma: Prediagnosis Symptoms: 5 yrs tinnitis, 1 yr. dizziness. Size 4 mm x 10 mm (w/ a tail wrapped around the nerve) Cyberknife, Dr. Lin Ft Wayne 4/22/13 (3x) - Post Cyberknife symptoms: weak knees, tingly/numb arms and legs, decadron psychosis, ears ring, face stiff, eye dry/drooping