Author Topic: Happy ,Healthy New Year to the whole AN Community!  (Read 2365 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Happy ,Healthy New Year to the whole AN Community!
« on: December 31, 2012, 12:22:42 pm »
Dear AN friends and respective support systems,

I am not sad to see 2012 go......Many any unfortunate things happened this year.......( I will not go into them here) But the best thing that happened to me this year was the discovery of this ANA  forum which helped me plan for my Gamma Knife (one shot) radiation which I got in June.

As many of you already know,  it was a wild and anxious ride from February all the way to June but most of you were here to see me through my rough times. Thank you! I hope to return the favor, or "pay it forward" by sticking around and helping where I can.

I must say the support I got here was awesome!!!!

Those newbies just arriving, please stay and be comforted by this fantastic and informative website!! Which is not to say do nothing, you are the driver of your research !, but with this websites guiding support and your planning and interviewing skills (and appointment keeping) we can surely help. If you make use of this forum as I have, (over many months) you may find some measure of friendly advice,comfort and solace here. For the newbies, your journey is just starting, weigh your options carefully, don't be stuck in the watch and wait mode too long.

My experience tells me that most AN tumors are slow growing! "Listen" to the cues your body is telling you! If you suspect something is wrong act on your feeling.

Have a Safe and Healthy New Year! If you are driving put your cellphone off.

Your friend,

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

pmcollings

Re: Happy ,Healthy New Year to the whole AN Community!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 02:10:04 pm »
Happy New Year to you too Mike - I agree.  I am happy to see 2012 go and don't let the door hit you on the way out - lol.  Let's hope 2013 brings a better year  !! Here's to health and happiness to everyone on the AN board and their families !

Pam
Diagnosed 5/2012 - 2.0cm
Translabsurgery  10/30/12. 
50 % hearing loss before op.  Total hearing loss after.  Partial facial paralysis
Surgeons - Dr Craig Kemper and Dr. James Kemper. Austin, texas

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 02:33:43 pm »
Dear Pam,

Thank you and family is what I meant by respective support systems!

Happy New Year!!!!!
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 04:45:20 pm »
Mike:  Happy 2013 to you and yours!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 02:16:03 pm »
eleven days later but better than never...

2012 was rough for me on many levels personal and medically... hope 2013 is alot better

did get different insurance and have won my battle to get rid of my "pre-existing" status ... they are even going to pay all but $50 a month on Lyrica instead of the over $300 I would have to pay if not for Pfizer's connection to care program that has been supplying it to me free of charge...

so things are already lookin up around here

hope everyone has a great NEW YEAR
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery