Author Topic: Where is everyone?  (Read 2811 times)

themis1982

Where is everyone?
« on: May 05, 2006, 04:55:22 pm »
I may be mistaken, but I can't find a way to search the location of members. It would be nice to talk to someone in my area. I am in Salt Lake City, UT. Where is everyone else?

~Becky

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Re: Where is everyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 05:10:40 pm »
Not Salt Lake City.  Seattle/Tacoma area.  If you go to frappr.com to the acoustic neuroma group, there's a cool map with everyone who signed up there and their location and AN side.
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Road Trip Dale

• Dale - 6 days after surgery!
    • Frappr/dale
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 06:10:23 pm »
Hey Becky,

My wife Carol and I travel full-time in our Bus and are through the Salt Lake City area periodically.  You can look up my email address under my profile and I'll be happy to give you a number, or go to www.frappr.com (as was mentioned I'm out there too).  Anything I can do!!

Dale
1.75 AN Right Side
Translab 4/16/06
Dr. Charles Leutje and Dr. Paul Camarata
St Luke's, Kansas City, MO

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 10:46:43 pm »
Hmm, I don't know of anyone on here from there but that doesn't mean there isn't!  A few of us have a frapr page link at the bottom of our post info.  Click on anyone's and you'll get an idea of where they are.

Michelle

Raydean

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 03:00:44 pm »
Hi becky

Being able to meet and talk with another ANer has always been a scource of comfort, and knowledge.  It helps to know  that there are others asking the same questions, and making the same decisions as you are.  You know they understand without having to say a word.  You could contact the National Acoustic Neuroma Assn. 770 205 8211
to see if there's a contact person for a support group in your area.  if there isn't a group consider forming a group.  National ANA is very helpful in assisting  someone in forming a local support group and contacting ANA members within your area letting them know of your meeting plans.

Something to think about

Have a great day
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Battyp

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 09:32:34 pm »
Becky please feel free to join out friday night girls phone call.  It's been a great support for me and hopefully others who have chimed in.

thecakes

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 07:21:23 pm »
   I'm from Ottawa, Ohio.  If there is anyone out there from that area, let me know.  I used to go to an AN group in Dayton.  It used to be once every three months, on a sunday afternoon and we would all bring one covered dish and have a picnic.  There were 8 of us, we all wined about the same things.  Dizzy, can't hear,etc. it was fun.  Thats the only time I'v ever seen other AN people, we're a rare breed.

Karla83401

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 10:37:51 pm »
Hey Becky,

I am fairly close in Idaho Falls. It is only about a three hour drive. I would love to have somebody fairly close to touch bases with every once in awhile.

Karla
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06