Author Topic: absent  (Read 12033 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: absent
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 03:00:20 pm »
Lorenzo, Ye Scallywag
Oftentimes, when a bloke or a wench is a little DOWN we just hafta give em a job on the Goode Ship Princess Batty Wench!!!!  Fixes 'em right up, takin' 'em fer a cruise out on the Rollin' Blue and all!!! We usually let 'em make up their own jobs, like "keeper of the olives and pickled onions" or "shark wrangler" or Headache Fairy swatter."

Whatcha think?

Yer fearless Capt Deb 8)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 03:02:19 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 03:10:38 pm »
You all have made me nauseous in this thread  :P, total wonky-head and I got each of your num-ba's!

YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE!!
*puts on web Angie Dikenson (I WISH!) Policewoman outfit and hides in the shadows, watching the mischief-makers*  ;D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

okiesandy

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 04:00:58 pm »
How do I get a Guido?  I am not Italian. However, I did date one once. Does that count? I have my list of doctors, co-workers, simi-friends and many strangers.

How about starting with the doctor's office that calls you after a test and leaves a msg. on you home recorder on a Friday afternoon while you are at work telling you the doctor needs to talk to you about your test results. Now my stress level goes up, I can think of all sorts of dire prognosis. Call on Monday morning and get a recording to leave a msg. Leave the msg. and not return call. By Tuesday I am a basket case. I am calling every doctor I have ever been to see if they know anything about these test results. NO!!!,

Tuesday evening another call on home recorder telling me the doctor needs to see me and my appointment is next week. Longest week spent planning my will and funeral. Go to the doctor and hear " well your tests are ok". "We are concerned about your blood pressure how long has it been this high"? Smart remark from me about msgs. left on recorders and why they couldn't just tell me the tests were fine and come see the doctor to go over them. I need a Guido or two. They couldn't possibly cost more than what the doctor charges for a visit.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 04:53:00 pm »
How about this job for Lorenzo--

Official Guido Recuiter
Capt Deb 8)

Lorenzo

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2007, 01:42:59 am »
official guido recruiter sounds goodi was also thinking official photographerhave i given you a headache yet?i'm dizzy now looking at thisok, send me a list of jobs and i start scheduling. might take a while to get throught them all. I have openings for Guidos in various locations. Good remuneration, generous benefits, long vacations, excellent location choices. Apply within this thread.

Will this do Captn'? Sorry, couldn't help myself Phyl, i am a graphic designer... I love this, especially when they move out of sync!

;D Ciao, Lorenzo

matti

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2007, 09:19:12 am »
Remind me not to eat breakfast before logging on to this thread...now I am a dizzy/nausea ;)

I have two Guido's I can send ASAP and I belong to an Italian club, so the possibilities are endless there LOL

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

okiesandy

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2007, 10:02:11 am »
And just where are the Guido's in Oklahoma? We are Guido challanged here.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2007, 10:04:25 am »
*shakes head, enhances already overly-established dizziness from thread* ::)

oy
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2007, 10:40:52 am »
OK, Now I'm spinning terribly.  I was just thinking how good I've been feeling lately. We have been in a very long high pressure weather spattern and it has been great for me head,  until, that is, I read Lorenzo's mvoing posts.  wew! spinning spinning, feeling like I've had a few, and it's only 9:30am. 

Michelle, be careful if your trying to mail any of them brownies to Lorenzo. I sent him a Tim Tam pcare package before Christmas, 5 weeks later it came back to me all brused and tattered, and smashed into little Tim Tam Crumbles.  Wow them Irish and their tempers. Talk about going postal.  They smashed the smitherines outa dem Timmy Tams.

Lorenzo  I was in Venito and Toscona twice in 2003,  didn't see you there.  Oh yea, guess I did, that large statue of a naked man in the center of Florence  (david)  LOL

patti
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2007, 08:21:23 pm »
Wow, Patti-yootee!
My friend I stay with in FL has one o' them David-cuties in her garden.  Yup, yup, ye can admire him as yer eatin' yer cornflakes at the kitchen table!!!!!

Lorenzo--how about you bein the physical terrorist aboard the PBW!! My PT usta do all kinds o weird things to me with dots and checkerboards and spiral thingies on big cards while I was walking on a treadmil....baaaaaaaarrrrrffff!!!!!!

Official photographer and Guido recruiter! Sounds good ta me!!

Capt Deb 8)

Battyp

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2007, 10:42:22 pm »
Gee Patti I sure hope you didn't throw out the tim tams..you know you could have dumped them in a big cold glass of milk and salvaged them all right  ;D

I feel crushed Lorenzo didn't get the tim tam experience.  Geesh, no pink pirate socks for him either.  How sad  :'( :-* :-\ ::)

Lorenzo

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2007, 11:45:57 pm »
nice and steady.
See? it isn't moving. I hope I didn't make all of you too sick.  Maybe with should suggest something like that as a test for our balance systems.

Patti, Not sure what happend to those Tim Tams, I was expecting them and nothing ever arrived. Maybe the dept of argiculture considered them to be too unhealthy to let them into the country. ;D  VEneto? That's where I'm from! Of course you din't see me, I was here... And hemmm, nooooo David isn't me, that's an idealised version of a male figure created as an anatomy study by some deranged artist who had nothing better to do. Had he known the effects on the male population for centuries to come he would have refrained I'm sure.

Battyprincess, I used to have various pink sweaters, until I got 'challenged / chatted up' by a man at an airpot. I changed over to all sorts of shades of grey now, much less confusing.

Physical terrorist? Now I CAN do that! Sure!! Let me figure out some more torture methods, will get back to you on that Deb!

Ciao all, and Mornin'  :)

Lorenzo
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 03:26:32 am by Lorenzo »

Obita

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2007, 12:40:55 pm »
Holy cow Lorenzo....I better not stand up for a while - I just read your post from 1/26.

Boys like toys .......  ;D
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Lorenzo

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2007, 12:44:14 pm »
... might have been a bit excessive alright. Ooooops, sorry Kathy.

Still, tha moving icon is fun!

;D

Ciao, Lorenzo