Author Topic: Pet Therapy  (Read 23345 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: Pet Therapy
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2007, 09:45:32 am »
 :D :D :D :D :D

Deb,

I laughed so hard there I just spit coffee all over my PJ and “housecoat� (Canadian and British term for "bathrobe�) … and the carpet…

Perhaps you should design me   :-[ a bathrobe of newspaper;D

4 :D

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2007, 11:28:47 am »
Something about Wednesday!  I woke up with a massive pounder, so did my manager and my co-worker Kathie.  Let's not talk about today!!! 

Do we need to house break you to Capt Deb?   LOL!!!! :-* ;D

Anne Marie

Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2007, 11:44:07 am »
Sorry "aboot" that 4! If you really want a laugh, go to the "wax on wax off" thread over in the post-treament area!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

marg

« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2007, 01:25:21 pm »
I had a migraine last night too. I only get them when I am way over tired and stressed (had 3  in 3 days when I got my AN diagnosis and talked to surgeons)....wonder if it's the 'season of the year' .....too much to do, Guilt on not having people over for Christmas dinner and the day (don't really feel up to it this year), etc.  anyway..

I have been reading all this about dogs and have been seriously thinking about getting one (I've never had one before).   

Merry Christmas to all..... and all the pets too.
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2008, 01:47:56 pm »
Happy New Year to all the Sallywagtails out there and meet Miss Sadie St John Purves!

Born December 8th--this picture taken December 30th.

We pick her up in 3 weeks!

Capt Deb

lori67

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2008, 04:03:21 pm »
I was wondering what the puppy countdown was!  She is the cutest thing!!  How could you not fall in love with that face?

I know she'll be a great friend - even when she no longer fits in your hand.  Can't wait to see more pictures.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2008, 05:01:45 pm »
She is absolutely beautiful and her name suits her! 
Three weeks will fly by, so I hope you are having a "puppy" shower for all the necessities a new one has to have these days!
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

TP

« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2008, 06:21:41 pm »
Sadie is adorable! I can just smell her little puppy breath, it brings back memories of my dogs when they were just little tikes! I know you are looking forward to getting her and starting a new relationship with your new friend. Enjoy, what a nice New Years gift!
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2008, 08:43:49 am »
Deb, mazel tov to you and Dr. LURVEEEEEE on Sadie's arrival! I know she will bring you lots of lots of joy!  :-*

xoxo
Auntie Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2008, 09:13:32 am »
Capt,
  Sadie is very cute.  Now you have some time to puppy proof your house before she arrives.  My 11 month old samoyed, Elvis, who has been really good about only chewing on his toys, chewed up an ipod last week.  How do they know what things cost more to replace?
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2008, 06:29:14 pm »
OK I'm officially having a Puppy Shower. Sadie is named after a famous female pirate name of Sadie the Goat who plundered the Carolina coast in the early 18th century. A Pirate Puppy Shower it shall be. No specific date.  It'll sort of be an ongoing thing. A lot of you already have me address. Those that haven't--message me and I'll hook ye up! Sadie loves Pink!

Capt Deb

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2008, 05:46:30 am »
Very cool!  I love pink puppy showers!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

AROBTEK

• Annette (arobtek)
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2008, 08:34:16 am »
  :) :)
These pet stories are sooo cute.  We don't have a pet of our own now, we have 'grand-dogs', AND the golden retriever is named Sadie also.  Our daughter bought her for her husband on their first Christmas together.  He decided to name her Sadie, then our daughter told him that was MY first name!  She called me, laughing, and told me what name he had chosen.  I told her that as long as she was pretty, that he could name her Sadie.  And, of course, Sadie is beautiful and a source of great entertainment for us all.

Christmas morning they all came over for breakfast.  We gathered in a little circle hug to ask the blessing.  Sadie couldn't stand being outside of the circle and insisted on being let into the middle of our circle.  After she got inside, she stood straight up on her hind legs and was looking me in the face to see what was going on!  That morning we had prayer and giggles before breakfast!

Congrats Captain Deb on choosing a beautiful Sadie for yourself!  She is adorable and looks like she will snuggle really well!

'Sadie' Annette in GA

2.6 cm AN L side
Diagnosed 12/10/07
Surgery date: 1/24/08
Dr. Doug Mattox & Dr. Jeff Olson
Emory University Hosp. - Atlanta

Static

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2008, 03:22:01 pm »
Deb,
Sadie is definitely a cutie pie!  I think I want to go out and get another puppy now!  Unfortunately, I don't think we have enough room or $ for another one tho :(  Zoey and Roxy want to come and play with Sadie the Lady.  Let me know when she's big enough to take on the two brutes!  congrats on the newborn :o)
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2008, 01:42:51 pm »

As Phyll says--"What a shana punum!"

Capt Deb