Author Topic: i think i found out about my headache vs. head pain.  (Read 3766 times)

richiea

i think i found out about my headache vs. head pain.
« on: February 26, 2011, 03:38:44 pm »
i am at my wits end for this feeling in my head.  head pain but not a headache.  starts in one ear into my eye across my nose and in to my other eye then other ear, months and months i have been getting sicker and sicker, but no signs of infection at all.  i stumped 5 neurologist's so i started over.  made an appt with  my PCP.  i spoke with her prior to my appt on the phone and she said that she is g going to go thru and read all the info the brain doctors sent to be included in my file.  she said that all my symptoms lead to a ethmoid sinus infection.  a sinus that is buried between the eyes at the top of the nose in-the middle of my head.  she sent me for some xrays of my sinus and there it was an infection that would only be found if someone is looking for it.  she put me on antibiotic and for 14 days instead of the regular 10day antibiotic because that spot that it is located is so deep in the head that the antibiotics don't stay in your system long enough to do any good.  i think i spelled the sinus right but i want to put this out there to help anyone who has tried everything.  i had it all, nerve blocks, acupuncture, mris, ct scans, you name it, i had it.  but now something makes sense.  i have been on the anti's for 3 days and i can feel relief in my left ear so far.  they were also loaded with fluid.  i am still in the beginning stages of this treatment of anti's but if you are finding no relief, you may want to have this checked out.  it may be why nothing else helps.  its not a brain issue.  yeahhh

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: i think i found out about my headache vs. head pain.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 03:53:48 pm »
Sally .....

At last, it sounds like you have an answer with a treatment that will end your nightmare of such awful head pain.  So glad it does not seem to be a "brain issue."  Let us know how you are doing!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 04:17:42 pm »
Sally ~

We've sympathized with you as you struggled with this 'head pain' and are delighted to learn that you seem to have found the actual cause and, more important, relief..  I'm very happy to learn about this and thank you for the information your good news imparts.  I trust the pain will continue to abate as the antibiotics do their job.  Congratulations.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cin605

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 06:46:43 pm »
What a relief to find an answer....Phew.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

wwarr

• Attitude is everything =)
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 09:49:15 pm »
Glad you found the culprit!!! yeah! hopefully you will now start feeling better.

Best of luck  ;)

Wendy
4 mm x 8 mm 12/08
1.4 cm rt. AN middle fossa on 7/23/10
hearing and facial nerve preserved. Grateful for brilliant surgeons Dr. Friedman/ Dr. Schwartz @ HEI in LA, CA.

post op chronic headaches
”Faith in every footstep...let go and let God”