Author Topic: Just checking in  (Read 2215 times)

BBrock

Just checking in
« on: December 19, 2009, 07:54:27 pm »
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well.  Happy holidays to the wonderful people here who have been there to answer my many questions and to those who are seeking answers. 

As an update, things are going fairly well.  My balance has gotten better but still not what it once was.  I have now entered the wonderful world of headaches.  I did not want to believe it could be related to my surgery, but after coming in here it all makes sense now.  It started out as a dull pain with some pretty good stabbing pains throughout the day.  After about 2 weeks I finally went to see my GP, who is referring me back to my Dr. Rubenstein. 

As far as the Coast Guard goes I am still waiting to hear what they have decided to do with me.  It is almost certain I will not be retained but hopefully they will be fair with their final decision.

Take care,

Brian

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Just checking in
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 10:26:54 pm »
Brian -

thanks for the update; sorry about the headaches.  I'm not one who suffers from them, but many on the Forum do; hopefully some of their posts will help you.

Please let us know what the Coast Guard decides.

Keeping my fingers crossed,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

moe

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 10:55:36 am »
Hi Brian,
I'm sorry to hear about your headaches post op. (I had Dr. Rubenstein perform the 7/12 nerve transposition.)
Lots of good advice under headaches. What are you taking for them at this point?
I trust the Coast Guard will be fair.
 Hang in there, will be interesting to see what Dr. Rubenstein has to say about the headaches.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 03:19:10 pm »
Hello Brian ~

Thanks for the update.  I hope that Dr. Rubenstein can help to alleviate the headaches or refer you to someone who can.  I'm sure the Coast Guard will be fair in it's final decision on your future. 

You'll be in the prayers of many and I trust things will work out well for you.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 03:00:33 pm »
Sorry to hear about the headaches I have them to along with severe tinnitus now, I hope you can get your headaches under control and hope that the Coast Guard will be fair.

Regards,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.