Author Topic: Seasonal Allergies for AN'ers......  (Read 3957 times)

Curly Jo

Re: Seasonal Allergies for AN'ers......
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 12:24:36 pm »
I don't use the netti pot but use the nasal rinse.  You bend your head over the sink as you rinse  your sinuses.  I usually do this at least an hour before bed.  I find it to be quite helpful when my allergies and sinuses are flaired up.  I am not willing to do it daily like they suggest.  You may want to try the bottle rinse for I find it easier to use.  Good luck.

Curly jo

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: Seasonal Allergies for AN'ers......
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 05:54:39 pm »
I have had asthma and allergies my whole life ... I think somewhere here I asked about allergies and
colds when I first had surgery... before a bad cold or allergy attack could make me wobbly and was
scared of what would happen post op... now I know... I wobble about more and have an increase in head
aches from full head feeling ... and a sneeze can knock me on my butt... the pain is instant...

going through medicine changes and trying to keep it to minimum ... been staying in the house alot...
when my husband mowed the grass Saturday I left ...

don't know what is going to happen when we cut hay... His dad lost a leg right after I had surgery and can no
longer drive the truck to bring bales from field to storage ... that is one of my jobs... the dust and stuff stirred up
always make me miserable but figure it may be not doable now... guess I will wait and see... only about 3 weeks off

another thing and what I came to ask ... has anyone had clear drainage from AN ear long after surgery???

I have clear odorless drainage from ear ...surgeon said he would check at next visit which isn't til May 19 and ENT
can't see me til 16th... I went to my regular doctor and he says it is not infection and took a sample to identify
just what it is ... he suspects it may be allergy related but not sure ...no pain but full feeling and pressure ... he said
he may put me on steroids but is waiting for results ...

3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery