Author Topic: Good Luck Ppearl214!  (Read 39677 times)

ppearl214s Cheeky Bloke

Re: Good Luck Ppearl214!
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2006, 12:39:45 pm »
battyprincess, no problem :) different definition over there. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, Alistair Cooke & George Bernard Shaw "two countries separated by the same langauge"

Update:

I've just spoken to Phyll and she is very tired. She felt the "treatment" hit the tumour 3 times today, and upon returning home promptly took to her bed with Beanie.

Iain   

lmurray69

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2006, 08:23:55 pm »
good luck to you . I know that you are going to be just fine.I know that is hard and easy for everyone to say . But  once its over you see that it wasnt that bad afer all My prayers are for you , that you will have a great peace and calmness through the whole ordeal. GOd Bless your in our prayers Linda
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Battyp

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2006, 10:36:00 pm »
CB what's this I hear about a double decker bus and stop signs?  HMM...wild stories to share?  Beanie called me to squeal on ya today  lol 

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2006, 01:46:40 am »
Sounds like some good material for the Good morning thread to me.

Any wet t shirts involved?
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2006, 05:17:05 am »
Linda and all.. thank you so very very very much for the well wishes... you all have been more support to me than you can ever imagine and couldn't truly get through all this without you all. :) :-* :-*

No wet tshirts but the double deckers, top deck, between stop signs can be quite loverly. Cheeky, aren't I???? :D

Day 3 of treatment. I can tell when they hit the growth or hearing nerve... it's like a can of bug spray when it hits and the tinnitus screams in my head... just wish it would play a song I knew. Today's music selection... U2's "Joshua Tree"  The affects so far have been minimal and tolerable and just hanging in there. Get home from treatment and sleep for 3 hours, but I think it's due to the Atavan they give me pretreatment. BTW, pics of me in my Hannibal Lechter mask will be posted on my frappr website when we get back.  My baby sister now calls me and say 'ah, Hannibal Lechter, this is Clarrrrrrrrrr-eese!".   Trust me, it's not just me in the family that is warped... :)

Anyway, off to BI now... ready to rock and roll and just get this done. Kate, Beanie and I are doing fine... getting lots of love from them but the support you all are providing is doing me wonders.  I can say "thank you" in many different languages, but to just say it in simple English form just doesn't seem enough. 

xoxoxooxxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kilroy1976

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2006, 06:46:00 am »
Sheesh Phyl, you sound like you're in pretty high spirits. You should start a "Fun with Radiation" post. Feel free to tell your doctor to stop hitting your nerves. Although... tinnitus is a more original and less annoying sound than U2. ;)
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2006, 10:11:55 am »
Do they strap you to a hand truck like Hannibal?  Is it because you bite?--well, Pearly Girly, quit snappin' at all the techies there and maybe they'll take the mask off!

But, seriously---hope you have a good day and the magic Cyberknife fairy really does her job well today!

Love and Kissies,
Capt Deb 8)

PS  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2006, 10:45:03 am »
It's so good to see Phyl so happy....I mean gosh darn have we Ever seen her this bubbly?   ;D
Hoping all the good wishes continue for the rest of the week for our pearly girl...and beanie and kate and CB too! 

CB care to explain the double decker feature of the english metro system?  Sounds fascinating  ;D

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2006, 12:55:38 pm »
Hi all,

Just going to keep this brief today... (for now, milk it while you can!)   Dog continued to bark while I was trying to nap so going to try to lay back down while she's quiet.

Got some fabulous pictures today of my treatment... come to my crapper to see them:

http://www.frappr.com/ppearl214

If anyone is contemplating CK, these pics should really put you at ease!  I promise!
Some symptoms that I figured would occur, nothing unexpected.  All in all, doing ok, just tired.  My CB has been constantly checking up on me and hope to hear from him shortly.  Kate is doing a fab job taking care of me and as for you all, especially a couple of you wenches that got hold of my home address.... how the heck do I send properly loves and smooches and huggles of support back at you.  You all are amaizing!

Anyway, going to TRY to lay back down now... 2 days left to go, I cannot damn wait!  Tomorrow's music selection.... instead of Chipmunks due to their loudpitch sound, I'm bringing Elvis Presley's "Christmas"... Friday's celebratory of treatment over music, have no clue... I'm taking requests.

Love you all and can't thank you enough for ALL of your love and support! I've bragged about you to my family and friends. They all know how much you all are carrying me through this... you can save the "aw shucks" for when I log off! :)  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2006, 01:07:09 pm »
Jeez, Phyll--how the heck do I get all that dang lipstick offa me from alla those kissy faces! :o

For music--have you checked out Jimmy Buffetts Radio Margaritaville?  Just go to http://www.radiomargaritaville.com and you can listen to it thru yer 'puter for free!

Gotta run to yer crapper er Frappr now!

Rest, heal, be well, relax, take a bubble bath, hug beanie, hug Kate, look out the window and see the birdies, eat some choccie, think of CB and the rest of us sendin Good Vibes yer way!!!

Love and Kissies, :-* :-* :-*
Capt Deb 8)

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2006, 01:16:38 pm »
Jeez, Phyll--I just about peed my pants over the "bird" photo!!!!  I'm still LAUGHIN!!!!  Glad to see you did get that manicure! ;D ;D ;D
The mask is a hoot--Looks like ya gots ya head stuck in a minnow seine!  Or a pair of fishnet stockings that I wore to high school!  Or a bag of Florida oranges without the oranges.

Good to know your spirits are WWAAAAYYY up!

Hugs and more hugs,
Capt Deb

matti

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2006, 05:12:53 pm »
Hi Phyl -  two thumbs up on your choice of music today. Was a little worried about Alvin and the chipmunks....   Kinda of what my Tinnitus sounds like on a bad day  ;)    Elvis another two thumbs up!!!  You need to rock the house down on Friday.

Speaking of hand gestures.... is that the "CK" sign that I see you waving? 

Miss you!

Hugs and kisses

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2006, 06:55:26 pm »
Just got off the phone with our Pearly Girly and Papa Pearl--he's as wild and crazy as she is!  Now I know where she gets it.  Her spirits are really good and she is laughing and joking and seems relieved to be half-way through her treatment.

Now Papa Pearl has told me something very interesting about our girl, but she said she'd kill me if I told anyone--so here goes!!!!!

It SEEMS.....ahem.....it SEEMS.....that our GIRL.....has.....ahem.......

Oh how shall I put this.........

Let's just say, ........

If I every get Phyll on a.................................. SURFBOARD......................

well,  she won't have any problem staying on the board.............................due to the fact

that she has......................

she has.............................................

she has................................................. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

stay tuned!

Captain Deb :o

(see, Phyll--I didnt say nuttin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) ;) ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:29:19 pm by Captain Deb »

Battyp

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2006, 07:16:03 pm »
Come on capt deb spill the beans!

My son said wow she's wearing fishnet stockings on her head  lol :o

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2006, 08:23:24 pm »
OK..........................
We'll do.................ah .................I know!!!

Multiple Choice!!!!!!

Our Phyll has:

a. 6 toes on each foot

b. 6 toes on one foot

c.  flat feet

d.  exceptionally large feet

e.  exceptionally wide feet

f.  exceptionally big toes

g.  webbed toes

h.  all of the above

Cast your vote soon!

Captain Deb 8)