Author Topic: 6 month post op  (Read 2830 times)

wintersmd

6 month post op
« on: December 15, 2013, 01:56:17 pm »
6 months ago I was laying in the recovery room in Rochester, MN recovering from my surgery, today I ran 5 miles.  I am a very active person, and was going through some depression because of my lack of activity and balance issues.  My wife had to put me in my place and make me realize that 6 months ago I underwent major brain surgery. 6 Months ago I struggled to walk down the hall without stopping for a break, and 6 months ago I could not walk a straight line.  I have come a long way in 6 months, and I will get back to my old physical shape.  Thanks to my wife for putting things back into perspective for me......  Then she proceeds to tell me that I am not a "Spring Chicken anymore either".  Boy is she right, HAHAHAHAHA......

Mike

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 6 month post op
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 02:27:24 pm »
Mike ~

Thanks for that astute perspective.  I'm pleased to learn that your recovery is going well enough to enable you to make a five mile run.  Well done!

Wives can be great motivators and sometimes necessary levelers.  I've got one like that too...and I cherish her.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Big Steve

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 04:47:46 pm »
Nice, Mike.  Keep on keepin' on!
Sudden SSD (right side) 11/08 (erroneously diagnosed as caused by virus)
Chronic vertigo commenced 10/12
Intracochlear neuroma diagnosed via MRI 12/2012
Neuroma and right side cochlea/vestibular mechanism removed 01/15/13 via translabrynthine approach

kcarloy

• Translab 12/11/13 at House
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 12:47:45 am »
Great job! Most younger people in this country couldn't do what you just did! Keep running!
Karen

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 03:06:33 pm »
Hey Mike, sounds like you are doing just fine with your recovery!  Thanks for sharing with everyone and how this little bugger in our heads aren't the masters of us! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

william5822

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 05:47:39 am »
awesome job! I had to put my husband "back in place" not too long ago (just 3 weeks post of) due to him not eating and always saying I CANT! Yeah I don't take kindly to I can't! so needless to say he CAN and IS eating again :)

Keep it up. Just think what you can do in 6 more months!!!
3 cm AN removed 12.3.13 - 12 hours in surgery
Emory Healthcare Midtown Atlanta
Left Side facial paralysis - intact facial nerve
1.31.14 - Gold weight implant and tarsal flap
2.17.14 RETURNED to work :)
10.6.14 - 10 month MRI shows stable