Author Topic: Free Phone Consultation at House Ear Institute  (Read 1415 times)

Kate B

• AN World
Free Phone Consultation at House Ear Institute
« on: August 09, 2008, 09:10:28 pm »
Even if you can't travel to Los Angeles, the doctors there will do a free consultation over the phone.  They perform many acoustic neuroma surgeries per week. The doctor will spend as much time as you want answering your questions. It is worth the time spent to mail your information to them.

From the House Ear Clinic Website:
House Ear Clinic CONSULTATIONS

If you, a family member, or someone you know has been diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma, you may consult with a doctor from the House Ear Clinic team. We will be happy to review the MRI scans and audiogram and speak with you by telephone (we must have a copy of the actual MRI film, reports are not sufficient by themselves).

Send the MRI scans by express delivery (be sure that you are able to track the package) to:

House Ear Clinic
Attn: Acoustic Neuroma Website Consultations
2100 W. Third Street, 1st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90057

You can expect to hear from a House Ear Clinic physician within 24 hours of our receipt of your information. You may also call or fax a House Ear Clinic physician at:

Telephone: (213) 483-9930
FAX: (213) 484-5900
All the best to you,
Kate

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 09:48:33 pm by Kate B »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Glenda

Re: Free Phone Consultation at House Ear Institute
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 09:17:49 pm »

I will second that statement.  I sent my MRI to House earlier this year and received a call from Dr De La Cruz.  In fact he ended up calling me twice.  He took all the time I needed and encouraged me to ask any questions that I may have, and he gave me his much valued opinion.  I must say I was very impressed with him and his concern.  I would highly recommend this for any newbies reading this. The only thing is don't expect the 24 hour turn around.  They are very busy doctors and you will receive a call but it may take up to a week, so be patient.  Good Luck to all!

Glenda
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: Free Phone Consultation at House Ear Institute
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:04:38 am »
And, I'll "third" this - HEI was the first consult I got.  They did call me within 24 hours, but I wasn't here so it ended up taking a couple of days for us to connect.  I spoke to Dr. House (the younger) and he was just wonderful. 

I also found the doctors on the cyber knife forum (http://www.cyberknifesupport.org/forum/ to be extremely helpful, even to people like me who really weren't a candidate!

Thanks, Kate, for the reminder!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com