Author Topic: New user and just diagnosed with an AN  (Read 6966 times)

Derek

Re: New user and just diagnosed with an AN
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 06:27:12 am »
Hiya Jean..

Great to hear from you again. I admire your courage and am so pleased that your surgery went off OK. Have a great Christmas and very best wishes for a swift and successful recovery during 2007.

Best Regards

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

Obita

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 06:51:59 am »
Hi Jean:

I am so glad you are done with it and that it went so well!!  Hello Postie.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Tumorless New Year, Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 03:52:16 pm »
Jean:

So pleased to read your positive report, post-op. Glad this site was of help to you along the way.

I wish you all the best as you continue your recovery.

Merry Christmas![/color]

Jim[/color]
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Featofclay

• February, 2011
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 04:11:10 pm »
Hi everyone,
This discussion forum is fantastic.  My name is also Jean and I live in Mississippi.  I was diagnosed with AN on December 19, 2006, so all of this is very new to me.  My AN is 1.7 X .8 cm according to the nurse at the ENT's office.  He has referred me to a neurosurgeon in Jackson, MS, whose name is Dr. James R. House, III.  My appointment is not until January 15, 2006, but I will be reading these boards daily.  Does anyone know about Dr. House in Jackon, MS.  Would welcome any replies.
Diagnosed 12/19/06; 1.7 cm x .8 cm right side
Retrosigmoid 2/16/07 @ House Ear Institute
Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Michael Stefan
Excellent results

Obita

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 04:34:01 pm »
Hi Jean:

Now THAT is a crappy Christmas present.  Sorry you were diagnosed at this time of year. 

Welcome.  You are so right, this forum is a great place to come for info and comfort.  I looked up your new Dr. and noticed he is a Neurotologist.  He is exactly the right man to see.  And as a bonus, he trained at House Ear in LA.

Good luck on the 19th.  We will see you before then.

Merry Christmas, Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 12:02:27 pm »
Hi Jean.... I'm thrilled to hear you are hanging in there! Please remember to take it easy, know we are cheering you on and what a wonderful way to start the new year... on the road to wellness.

Happy holidays and please take it easy....

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"