Author Topic: Steve....Has your status changed? :-)  (Read 4622 times)

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
Steve....Has your status changed? :-)
« on: May 21, 2008, 09:50:59 am »
Hi Steve,

I just noticed you have 5 BLUE stars and global moderator status. Have I been blind or is this a fairly new venture for you. Either way you are a natural for that endeavor. You have been so helful to me. Thank you!!!!!!

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Steve....Has your status changed? :-)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 11:33:10 am »
yeah, he be one of us now.... *snickers*

P
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:35:46 am »
Mary,

Yes, Steve is one of the new HIGHLY paid moderators (along with Jim).

If you need any extra cash, they're both loaded now, so don't hesitate to ask.   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 11:41:46 am »
Yes, Steve is special now.  Doesn't have much time to joke with Lori and me anymore - deep sigh  :(

Lori's right about the cash thing you know.  Steve has already committed to buying everyone who attends the 2009 symposium in Chicago a drink - and I don't mean water!

Hope to see you there, Mary!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MaryBKAriz

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 03:11:59 pm »
 ;) LOL.....such a great group! Steve, I am glad you are now very wealthy with your new job.

Hmmm. wonder if my rock, Weldon,  wants to fire up the motorhome for a trip to Chicago...sounds like it would be fun to meet all in person!

Mary
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".

lori67

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 04:13:00 pm »
Motorhome???? Jan, are you thinking what I'm thinking???  We won't all have to sleep in your box - we can all stay with Mary and Weldon in the motor home!  So much cheaper than a hotel!

So, we've got the accomodations covered by Mary, the drinks and knit hats covered by Steve...didn't Anne Marie say her husband could cook?  Looks like there's nothing left for me to do besides relax....  ahhhh...  can't wait.  Oprah - here we come!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

MaryBKAriz

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 05:59:35 pm »
I love it!!!!!!! ;D

Kaybo

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 06:54:40 pm »
When everyone has chimed in and offered to buy everything and our accomodations are all set (motorhome), I will chime in & tell you that I think that Dave & I are going to try to make it (if there is no basketball or camp or anything then!!)...   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 06:57:08 pm »
Ok, so we may need a basketball court outside the motor home.  No problem.  We can just drive around the neighborhood until we find one and then we'll run our own camp for the girlies.

Lori

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 11:00:25 pm »
Mary -

it's so great that you and Weldon have offered all of us your motor home - you are almost as generous as Steve!  I say "almost" because Steve is a moderator now so we don't want to step on his toes  ;)

And K has offered to watch all the kids, has she?  Lori, I'll bring my two and if you bring yours.

We are going to have one great time  ;D

Do you think Phyl will be back from her moderator sabbatical by then  ???  I sure hope so!

Jan 
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 12:33:05 am »
Mary, you are as sharp as a tack, nothing gets by you. :)

Since Soundy has explained to me that I can knit 2 hats an hour using a Nifty Knitter, I am now more comfortable about the knitted hat requirement. I am afraid though that as a Moderator of the forum, it would not be appropriate for me to procure alcoholic beverages for members.  ::)

How big is this motorhome, anyway?  ???  We are getting quite a crowd going here...there may be a regulation on that too, you know.  By any means, though, it would be great if we can all make it to Chicago.

Okay, I have some moderating to do now...

Steve

8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Kaybo

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 06:13:21 am »
Steve~
We are NOT coming if you buy us drinks...that was part of the deal!  I never even ask for a hat...just a drink!   ;D

Jan~
HELLO...I will not be able to watch the kids -- I think that there is a new city ordinance that states that NO CHILDREN can be brought in from outside the city limits...in order to uphold the law, we will not be bringing ours or keeping anyone else's (even if they are residents of Chicago!)!   I was saving a BRAND new, unscarred box for you, but now that we have secured the motohome, I guess I can run it on down to the underpass...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

MaryBKAriz

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 10:32:57 am »
Oh goodie, my mom always travels with us. Also the two big energetic dogs! I think if there are other kids I'll bring the grandkids since we have Kay watching them. My hubby and I take the bedroom, everyone else it's first come first choose!

I think the motorhome now needs to be about 250' long...someone needs to stretch our motorhome! Who's handy with vehicle reconstruction????? Also we need a realtor to find a place to park it.....and someone to find a route that will accomodate our newly remodeled behemoth. Oh how proud we will be. It will be the only one on the highway. That big it might get 2 miles per gallon...so need a oil company exec in the group, too. Hey...if we have one of those he could put us all up in the Four Seasons!

That's the ticket, we luxuriate in the Four Seasons spend nothing, get waited on hand and foot. Yep need a oil exec!

Mary 8)

Kaybo

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 11:02:26 am »
I've got the oil executive covered (retired Amoco president) if you don't mind in-laws!!  Unfortunately, it doesn't help our gas costs AT ALL!!

K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 02:14:09 pm »
I'd be happy if an oil company exec would just fill up my gas tank - just once!!

Well, I was going to bring the kids and round up a few extras on the way up, since I know how much Kay was looking forward to running basketball camp/scouts/dancing lessons/tuba lessons, etc..., but now that I know about that law prohibiting transport of children over state lines...I guess we'll have to find something else for Kay to do.

How about Kay can be the lookout when the 250' motorhome has to make those wide turns?

Lori