Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 777679 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2475 on: April 29, 2008, 07:12:53 am »
Pooter -

you are lucky that they told you what PBW stands for!  When I was a newbie, no one would tell me.  I had to read it for myself   :P

It's a great tale to read when you can't sleep at night - it may take a few nights, though.

And K, shame on you for sneaking a peek at Sawyer LOL  Don't you know he's already taken?  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2476 on: April 29, 2008, 08:45:13 am »
I still enjoy reading it from time to time... esp. the first part for when this all came about.  I think it was just before my CK treatment and I needed the stress relief of going into treatment... lordy have mercy on us that stirred the pot on this one.

*wanders back up to the Lido Deck to set up for Transear Bingo.... you know, use a Transear for your bingo card marker*  :-X

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2477 on: April 29, 2008, 11:23:31 am »
Hey, Phyl - those of us with a BAHA want equal time!  When do we get to have BAHA bingo  ???

No wait  ::)  I can't play until June - no processor yet  :(

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2478 on: April 29, 2008, 12:16:33 pm »
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
So the dreaded Pooter be a Scallywag aye?  If ye want to be aboard this here fine vessel ye will need a position! We all works here! Welll, what are ye good at? Besides pootin' I mean. Heck, me grandkids can do that! Especially thing 2!  Just about blows his nappy off every time!  Maybe we could use you to conjure up the wind fer us when we be becalmed. yes! yes!--Official Breeze Conjurer! That be a great job fer someone who calles hisself Pooter!

Welcome aboard, Pooter!!

Captain Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2479 on: April 29, 2008, 12:27:11 pm »
LOL! You're a nut, dear Capt'n.  I swear I just luffs you!  :-*  :-*   :-*  :-*   :-*

xoxoxo
cursed, cruise... yah, yah, we know, we know.....
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #2480 on: April 29, 2008, 01:25:28 pm »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2481 on: April 29, 2008, 02:01:07 pm »
Yeah!  The Captain is back and in fine form!!  Look at all of the new wenches and scallywags we have abroad!  So many adventures to be had!  But Bingo, dear Cruise Driector?  For a fine bunch of pirates..................that's for old people!!  ::)
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

OMG16

« Reply #2482 on: April 29, 2008, 11:23:06 pm »
16 comes running through the party chasing K's littlest scallywags because they indeed are creating quite the mutiny.  They took the jewel incrusted feather duster and knocked me silly.  Broke into the locked medicinal medication cabinet that I have the most valued of all of our medicine and took the whole stock and ran.  Yes they did they took the medicinal quality chocolate and indeed the strongest of all chocolate the world has seen.  This is what I used to cure Capt Deb so fast.

Stop you rotten scoundrals.....stop.....someone stop them before its all gone.  K please get you young uns under control.  I'm going to lose my medication director job before I even get into the grove of it.

I'm afraid and sad to report all of it is gone.  With tears in my eyes I tell all me shipmates I will be leaving the ship to go replenish our supply of medicinal chocolate from the most remote areas of the world.  This is a dangerous job but I feel I must go considering I was in charge at the time of the incident.   16 hangs up her nice crisp white lab coat covered in melted chocolate and little hand prints.  She must also hang up her most valued possesion until her return this of course would be her bedazzled pen on a rope.

As I row off in the ships dingy hanging my head so ashamed of my performance for the first week on the job.  I yell I will be back.  I will vindicate myself but who am I fooling I may never make it back.  I've heard the stories of the people who have gone before me and most have never been seen again.

:'( 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2483 on: April 29, 2008, 11:28:09 pm »
Okay, so I started reading the thread before I posted the question.  And, I saw PrincessBatty and thought there was a connection there.  But, to my way of thinking that was PB and the name of the ship is PB(W).  So, I guess I didn't read far enough.

Capt. Deb:  Aye Capt Ma'am.  Official PBW Breeze Conjurer reporting for duty!  Might I suggest on those days that ye expect a brisk breeze that we adjust the menu a bit?  I hail from south Texas, so frijoles a la charra tend to do the trick with great flavor to boot!  I'm sure there are other suggestions for a menu change depending on our needs for thar winds.  Proud to be aboard and willin' to chip in where needed and go for the gust-o, as it were.  ;)

Pooter...

*mumbles under his breath "I'm just glad she didn't assign me to changin' soiled sheets" then runs and hides from phyl for fear of being smited*  :D
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #2484 on: April 30, 2008, 07:40:44 am »
16!!!!!!!!!! 16!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need you. Please find a dinghy and row row row your boat back to us. Pooter, please help! No bean requests so 16 can catch us.

Good day, mateys,

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2485 on: April 30, 2008, 09:28:35 am »
So Pooter, you got a week before the Mack truck runs over you so you better read fast! The W part will come in time, right, Wenches? The frijoles sound great--I luuuuurves Tex-Mex and Cali-Mex.  Whilst I was laid up at HEI, Dr Love went in search of something other than hospital food for me to slurp down and found some great Mex in the neighborhood.

A'readin' this thread should take yer mind off your upcoming brainboogerectomy and addin' to it will give you some playtime post-op as well.  Sure has helped alot of folks heal their funnybones!

We loves ya, Pooter!

16!  Better take a compass wiv ya so's ya don't get lost!  Lemmeesee who was the ship's navigator?
There she goes......off in the dinghy!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

satman

« Reply #2486 on: April 30, 2008, 09:34:05 am »
Hey Captain ye in need of a camera op when ye make the scallywags walk the plank ?
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2487 on: April 30, 2008, 01:03:05 pm »
That's right Cap't Deb....humor is therapy of the highest order and very important for the healing process and general well being for all human beings, and probably some other species too.  That being said, I'd like to take a moment to toot my own horn and re-run one of my own personal favorite poems/song (ya gotta make up your own tune!) that is buried deep on this thread. This is dedicated to all of the newbies, who appreciate Pirate humor and haven't been up to reading the whole darn thing.

The Scene:   This takes place on the Lido deck of the Goode Ship Princess Batty Wench.  The full moon is rising, big and fat and yellow in the summer night.  The breezes are soft, but enough to fill out the sails and, even the half-deaf can hear the gentle flapping of the lines and the sometimes gentle squawking of our parrot (ummm, did we ever name that parrot, by the way?).  Someone  (was it Laz?)is playing a mournful tune on his beat-up old squeezebox.  The stars are filling the sky with twinkling light.  The full moon hasn't yet dampened their considerable beauty.  A few lanterns are lit, their soft glow filling in some of the dark corners with warmth. But, even in this perfect night and perfect setting, things just weren't right.  Some of the crew had heard, in the port o'call we'd just left, that Pirates just weren't taking all of this cursed medical stuff Seriously. Just too much frivolity and bantering about, and that just wasn't Proper.  Humor as a common bond, a source of pleasure, a way to diffuse some of the stress of life-changing events hadn't been taken into account and the crew was bummed out, as it were.  They are passing around the grog, muttering and grumbling, the beauty of the summer night being forgotten as the wenches and scallywags began to sink into their own little island of despair.  And the PBW will never drop anchor at that island.  Wench Sue looks around at her crew mates, a tear in her eye, and decides that This Won't Do!.  She gets up and  stands before her down-trodden crew mates.  She says bravely, "Okay, you mangy, flea-bitten dogs of the seven seas, listen up!**

And....action!

*Lights dim, spotlight shines on Sue. Someone from stage right throws her a top hat and cane*

So what good’s a tumor
If ya can’t use some humor,
To get ya through the day or the night?

We use a little laughter
A smile is what we’re after,
To make everything seem all right.

We have a cyber Pirate Ship
And in her we can take a trip,
And visit every beach and cove in sight.

Our crew is just the keenest,
Our Captain is the meanest
To cross her brings a hell of a fight.

So what good’s a tumor
If ya can’t use some humor
And sing silly songs such as this?

I’ll tell ya what we’d do…
We’d just sit and stew…
And think of all the fun we would miss.

Everybody!!  *Wenches and scallywags join Sue for final chorus*

So what good’s a tumor
If ya can’t use some humor,
Ta get you through the day or the night?

We use a little laughter
A smile is what we’re after,
To make everythiiiiinng seeeeeeem all riiiiiiiiiiiight!

**And if it didn't happen quite like that, it sure should have!!  ;) ;D

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2488 on: April 30, 2008, 01:08:49 pm »
Sue, my office staff, right now, have NO clue why I am smiling and crying at the same time! OMG!  You just rawk... OMG! LOL!  I'm sitting here dying and now have to close my office door so my bosses don't hear me...

*stands up at desk*

BRAVO!!!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!
ENCORE!!!! ENCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*
Take a bow, hun!

xoxoxo
Phyl

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2489 on: April 30, 2008, 01:11:54 pm »
Awww, *blush*.   :-*  Thank you, Phyl! 

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode