Author Topic: NE ANA Forum Gang Brunch at Maxwell's - Sunday, May 4, 2008  (Read 60258 times)

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
Re: NE ANA Forum Gang (Post Symposium) brunch -- August 5 at Maxwell's?
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2007, 06:15:39 pm »
The CB is stateside now?
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2007, 05:34:32 am »
CB/Iain is officially (permenantly) here and will be joining us for the brunch :)

Update:

Sunday, Aug 5
11am - ??

http://www.maxwellmaxine.com/Maxines/Brunch/brunch.html

Phyl and CB/Iain
YogaSue
MLBMary
CrazyKat Paul
JoeF
ellenvig
jcinma/Jane and spouse Andy
elliemae/Elaine
summer/Trish
Lamsue23/Sue
tsl/Theresa
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2007, 05:51:59 am »
I heard from Trish (summer) and unfortunately, she cannot join us  :'(  She is the new ANA Boston Area Support group leader and will keep you all updated as to the next event she plans.....

I need to call the restaurant today to confirm final headcount, so for any of you with updates.... please let me know.... still a great group attending and as I have met most, a wonderful gathering of AN'ers to share their AN experiences and a great chance to get together in a very casual environment to meet other local AN'ers.  Hope those of you in the area that would love to meet us will consider joining us...... please email me here so I can adjust the headcount if need be.

UPDATE:

Sunday, Aug 5
11am - ??

Phyl and CB/Iain
YogaSue
MLBMary
CrazyKat Paul
JoeF
ellenvig
elliemae/Elaine
Lamsue23/Sue
tsl/Theresa
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Lamsue23

• My "Magic AN Scarf" l day after surgery!
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2007, 01:45:22 pm »
Hi to all,
     Sorry to say that I will not be able to make it Sunday to meet all of you.  I was looking forward for this since I'm a Neubie and had a lot of questions.  I have been on this forum everyday learning and learning and learning all about this little thing.  I had to leave this morning for NY to my daughters because she has Cystic Fibrosis and her lungs started bleeding and had to be hospitalized, otherwise I would be there Sunday.  I'll be thinking about all of you, sorry I can't meet you but maybe next time.

Sue
SueL/from NH
Retrosigmoid Surgery 8/6/2008 DHMC, Lebanon, NH 7.5 hrs.
Dr. Erkmen - neurosurgeon
Dr. Morrisson - neuro-ostology
Loss of hearing 70% in left ear.
Vision and Balance issues...Taste!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2007, 02:20:39 pm »
Sue,

I am so so sorry to hear this news... completely understandable. You will be sorely missed Sunday but I send massive huggles to your daughter (and to you) during this time. Please, safe journeys and you all are in my thoughts/prayers...

No worries, there will be other brunches...

Be well.
Phyl

Crazycat

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2007, 04:41:33 pm »
So sorry to hear that Sue. Maybe next time in the autumn. I hope that your daughter gets through this. A friend of mine has a son with Cystic Fibrosis.

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 

Lamsue23

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2007, 05:47:24 pm »
Thank you all for all your kind words.   My daughter is 38 and has two kids, 10 & 11.  She has custody of her kids and is always looking for them first but now she needs to think of herself.  She has had 8 lung operations and in the hospital every three months for IV's.  With what she has gone through it always make me think that what I'm going through I will make it very well.  She always tells me that I told her very often to take whatever comes your way and deal with it and you'll be strong enough to fight.  Now it's my turn to do the same with this AN.

Sorry to have gone on and on, but I admire my daughter through all she's overcome, now it's my turn to do the same.  Everybody has their own road to travel and if we can travel with FAITH we will all get to our goals.

Have a great Brunch everyone.  Sue
SueL/from NH

Crazycat

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2007, 12:06:10 am »
You're absolutely right Sue. What we are going through is challenging enough to be sure; but what your daughter has to endure makes what we have to deal with seem like child's play in comparison. And she's a parent as well? She is an extremely strong person.
There's something to be learned and respected from a person like that.

Take care, Paul

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2007, 11:41:18 am »
headcount has been given to restaurant (with an additional seat or 2 available for others to join us......).  Looking forward to seeing everyone again! :)

UPDATE:

Sunday, Aug 5
11am - ??

Phyl and CB/Iain
YogaSue
MLBMary
CrazyKat Paul
JoeF
ellenvig
elliemae/Elaine
tsl/Theresa

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2007, 07:16:45 am »
Leaving shortly... picking up Crazykat/Paul on the way..... see you soon and camera is coming with me...

Phyl

MLB57

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2007, 05:50:26 pm »
 :oHi Phyl and everyone!! ;D What another wonderful get-together we had today at Maxwell's brunch!!  Absolutely great meeting Jane's hubby and of course Phyl's sweetie the Cheeky Bloke aka Ian was the guest celeb of the day!!!  Poor bloke I think he was a bit overwhelmed by all the attention!!  We are all just so happy for you, Phyl as you give so much of yourself you so deserve it returned ten-fold!! And of course always so pleased to see and talk w/Sue, Paul, Joe, Ellen, and see how you all are doing.  Jane, thanks for again reassuring me I need not worry about my up-coming FSR at Mass General... and we all got those apple dumplings--Katie I hope the get-away w/family was worth missing those dumplings for!! (ha ha) And we got one last photo with the street car named Desire--oh, no, wrong get-together, I mean the Maxwell's red double decker bus--Phyl said the city of Worc bought it (go figure) so it'll probably be gone at next get-together..   8)

Elaine and Theresa, it was a pleasure to meet you both as well and as you are in the beginning stages of your journeys I hope we all shed some light for you both and alway know we and the ANA forum are always here--lots of people here have lots of knowledge so pick our brain cleans (like I liked my plate today-yum yum!) as often as you need!!    :)

As always, thanks Phyl for arranging our brunch--see ya all again in November!!    Best always, Mary from MA :-*
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

Sheryl

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2007, 07:09:58 pm »
So sorry I had to miss the brunch - would have rather been with you guys than the "relatives".  Sounds like all went well and the weather certainly cooperated!!  Hope to see some pictures.
Sheryl (the snowbird)
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2007, 06:42:13 am »
well, another fattening, fun filled day, folks... so glad everyone turned out on such a terrific (weather) day.... great food, gawd bless Gil for making apple dumplins just for our table (didn't even make them for the rest of the buffet/dessert table... he really DOES love us!  Upon arrival, came out with BIG smiles and hugs and hellos for all.. my dear "Brazilian Nut!" -- He's from Rio!) and for all the love... truly was a great day. Great to see all those familiar faces from past brunches... great to see new ones and looking forward to the next one.  FYI... Bill has us "penciled" in for Sunday, Nov 11 and has "guaranteed" us the private room (I had requested it for this brunch a while back but unsure why we got "bumped" this time... will discuss with him as we need that room for hearing purpose)....

BTW, Mary, you are correct... Bill, our host (mgr of the restaurant) confirmed the Double Decker was sold to the city 3 wks ago and this is our last pic of us in front of the bus :(  Unknown what the city is going to do with it but it will be very sorely missed......

Pics

Gil with our tray of special made dumplins!

Everyone enjoying our special made dumplins

The "Gang"....
L to R:
CB/Iain, Me (in full PBW Cruise Director wear!), JoeF, ellenvig, YogaSue, Jane (jcinma), MLBMary, CrazyKat Paul, Elaine (elliemae), Andy (Jane's lovely husband), Theresa (tsl)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 06:45:08 am by ppearl214 »

Lamsue23

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2007, 08:03:42 am »
thanks for the pictures, looks like a great time.  Sorry to have missed it but I'm making a note for Nov. 11.

Sue/NH
SueL/from NH

tsl

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2007, 09:13:43 am »
It was a day that that I'll be remembering and  treasuring.  It wasn't the Mimosa that was bringing tears to my eyes!
Phyl, Thank you for the great pictures.
-Theresa
AN diagnosed Dec 2006
Approx. size 9 x 6  x 4 mm
Proton Beam radiosurgery wtih Dr. Jay Loeffler (radiation oncologist) and Dr. Paul Chapman (neurosurgeon) at Mass. General on Nov.2, 2007