Author Topic: KAYBO T3 TODAY  (Read 25239 times)

Kaybo

Re: KAYBO T3 TODAY
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2008, 05:15:00 pm »
YEP!  Almost 11 years!!!    ;D  And I am a spoiled princess (along with the girlies!)

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2008, 09:51:41 pm »
No way.  11 years older  :o

He doesn't look it at all  :)

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Denisex2boys

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2008, 02:01:03 pm »
I am so glad you are doing well - - and I DITTO everyone - you look terrific!  ((((HUGS)))) to the little rado-block though - you will be fine - I just know IT!
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Kaybo

« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2008, 07:21:31 am »
Hello All~

Just a little update on my face, & an appeal for prayers to get this mess staightened out!!  Apparently, I have or am in throws of getting an infection in my incision on my cheek.  Not a horrible thing...and hopefully nothing that can't be fixed, but just more time & effort.  I go to the Dr. this afternoon at 2:15 (finally got one to look at it after 3 tries -- no one would look at it - one said I should go back to the doc that did it!) and hopefully he can get done what needs to be done or send me to the Wound Care Center here.  I spoke to Dr. Byrne (love that man!  really think he was home sick!) and he said that it sounds like I need to "fluid drain" put in.  Near as I can remember (& the pieces I wrote down), that is "new gauze soaked in sterile saline" that I think will be changed either daily or a couple of times a day.  The places where the fluid are draining are tiny and I asked him how they would get it in there and he told me that they will probably have to "open those up a bit."  I can't feel anything on that side, which I consider a type of blessing considering all the trouble I have had w/ that eye & the work I have had to have on that side over the years, but does pose a problem since I can't tell how bad it is hurting.  I just don't really feel that great and have a headache (a sign for me that something is not right) -- I had been feeling really good!  :o) Dr. Byrne said that out of all these that they have done, they have only had ONE person have any troubles,at all, & that was at the first before they took your own tendon from your leg.  They used a synthetic material in the lip and they attributed the infection to that - guess I dispproved that!!  Anyway, I told him that if something could go wrong, it would be with me!!  LOL!!!   ;D
So basically, it sounds like they will be reopening my incision, packing it, and I will be on some pretty strong antibiotics -- again, nothing like say...brain surgery, or anything...but please keep me in your prayers none the less -- I have 3 girlies (& a sweet hubby) I need to be up for!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Denisex2boys

« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2008, 07:32:20 am »
Ouch!  .... continued prayers and hugs for a good recovery!  I can sympathize with the headaches - I have them daily now :(

I hope they get everything straightened out for you and and you can continue on your recovery  :)    ((((HUGS))))
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2008, 07:54:25 am »
K -

sorry to hear this news  :(

Prayers are coming your way,

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2008, 08:52:30 am »
Lots of prayers and good ju-ju coming your way, Kay.  Sending a big (but gentle) hug your way, too. 

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2008, 02:02:57 pm »
Hi Kay:  so sorry to hear this is happening to you....     

I'm glad a doc finally agreed to see you so you wouldn't have to travel to JH again.

Will keep you in my thoughts & prayers,    Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

LADavid

« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2008, 05:40:28 pm »
Kay
My prayers are with you.  Willyou be posting updates in your blog?

Best wishes
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2008, 06:49:23 pm »
Kay,

I believe you received my hugglez....... and you know I'm putting in a good word or 2 for you as well.... hang tough, hun!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2008, 06:56:00 pm »
Thanks for all the support guys -- you are the best!!  I did just put on my blog about the Dr. visit!
K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2008, 06:57:12 pm »
*runs off to read Kay's updated blog*  :-*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2008, 07:02:55 pm »
*runs off to read Kay's updated blog*  :-*

Running right behind you, Phyl  ;D

Jan

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2008, 07:28:39 am »
Hi Kay,

I am sorry you are having to deal with this complication. I hope when you read this that things will be turning back in your favor. You have a huge cheering squad here and your adorable curlie girlies I am sure are the cutest cheerleaders you have (no offense Forum members ;))

Take care,

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

calimama

« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2008, 07:45:23 pm »
Oh Kaybo... I am really sorry to hear of this setback. I don't know where you get your strength (but bet there are curls on top!).
I will think of you before sleeping tonight - i am not a prayer - but will be sending to you the kind of good energy that goes from one big heart to another. I am sure time will right all of this. Hang in there.

behind you and wishing you all the best from Toronto Canada
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.